TATA AIG motor insurance policy protects your car against financial liabilities arising out of unforeseen contingencies and unanticipated situations such as accidents, theft or natural calamities. It secures you against own-damage, third-party liabilities, other hassles and provides you with maximum benefits without considerable burden on your budget.
- Policies/plans cover loss of/damage to the car insured and liability to third-parties.
- Personal accident cover for the owner-driver also included.
- Exclusive add-ons customised as per your requirements.
- Incurred Claim Ratio (ICR) of over 79%.
- No hidden conditions or costs.
TATA AIG, a collaboration between TATA, India and AIG, USA, serves millions across the country through its 3,000+ strong cashless garage network and 24x7 claim assistance services.
Features & Advantages: TATA Car Insurance Policy
- Extensive coverage against losses/damages due to accidents of external means, burglary, theft, riot, strike, fire, explosion, self-ignition, lightning, earthquake, natural calamities, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation/cyclone, hailstorm, frost, terrorist activity/malicious act, landslide, rockslide and third-party liabilities.
- Covers bodily harm to the insured while getting on/off from the insured car, riding as a co-driver or driving. In case of death, loss of limbs/eye-sight or permanent disablement-one out of these three is covered within 6 months of the mishap.
- Add-on plans allow you to choose what suits you the best.
- Free pick up of your car.
- Guaranteed quality spares/materials and up to 6 months of accident repair warranty.
- No-claim bonus and voluntary discounts.
- Direct settlement facility at select garages.
- Claim settlement within 7 days.
- Easy TATA AIG car insurance policy renewal and purchase online by filling-in specific details and comparing quotes/plans.
TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy
- Auto Secure Private Car Package Policy: It can be tailor-made to insure any private car.
TATA AIG indemnifies the insured against loss/damage to the car insured hereunder and/or its accessories while thereon: (a) by fire/explosion/self-ignition/lightning; (b) by burglary/housebreaking/theft; (c) by riot/strike; (d) by earthquake (fire/shock damage); (e) by flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost; (f) by accidental external means; (g) by the malicious act; (h) by terrorist activity; (i) while in transit by road/rail/inland-waterway/lift/elevator/air; (j) by landslide/rockslide. Subject to a deduction for depreciation concerning parts replaced- as per the policy wordings.
The insurer also indemnifies the insured, in the event of an accident caused by/arising out of the use of the car, against all sums which the insured shall become legally liable to pay in respect of death of/bodily injury to any person (including occupants or damage to property other than property of the insured/held in trust/in the custody/control of the insured).
TATA AIG undertakes to pay compensation for bodily injury or death sustained by the owner/driver of the car, up to 15 lakh rupees, in direct connection with the car insured. 100% in case of the death, loss of sight in both the eyes, loss of both limbs and total/permanent disability.50% in case of loss of sight of one eye and loss of one limb.
TATA AIG Car Insurance Online: Add-On Covers
- Depreciation Reimbursement: You get the depreciation amount deducted from the value of parts replaced under your own-damage claim and lodged under section 1 of your insurance policy. TATA AIG pays for the first two claims reported during the period of insurance.
The cover is available for cars up to 5 years old. Any claim where replacement of a part is not involved, and no depreciation is deducted under own-damage claim, is not included. Your car is repaired at authorised garages, workshops and service stations.
- Return to Invoice: The insurer pays the difference between the amount you receive and your car's purchase price as per the invoice, or current replacement price of the new car when the same make or model is available, whichever is less, when the car becomes a total loss/CTL due to an accident/gets stolen during insurance period and not recovered.
The first time registration charges and the road tax incurred on the insured car are also reimbursed.
- Daily Allowance: You get a fixed sum for a hired transport during your car repair time of over 3 days for a valid claim. It is available for a maximum of 10 days. In case of total loss or theft claims- it can be up to 15 days.
- Emergency Transport/Hotel Expenses: You get paid the overnight stay costs and taxi charges for returning to your residence/nearest city you were travelling to, in case the insured car is immobilised due to an accident.
- Roadside Assistance: Includes a range of services within the covered geographical territory in case of car accident or breakdown. Service for flat tyre/battery, jumpstart service, on-the-spot repair, emergency fuel delivery, towing assistance, spare key retrieval and taxi support.
- Courtesy/Hire Car: You get the convenience of a replacement car for your daily commute while your insured car is under repair for a valid claim, the estimated repair time is over 24 hours, or it is a claim for total loss/theft.
The replacement car reaches you within 24 hours of your car reaching the garage or the time of intimation of claim, whichever is later (excluding national holidays and weekends). It is provided on 8 hours or 80 km/day basis, whichever is less. If the insurance company is not able to arrange a courtesy car, you receive the fixed travel cost for the period (as per your policy wordings).
- No-Claim Bonus Protection Cover: You get benefited through some claims without losing your no-claim bonus when the bonus accumulated is for two or more than two claim-free years, and no claim is filed in two preceding years.
Any claims for damages only to the windscreen and the rear/door/sunroof glass are not included. A claim for theft of the entire car is not regarded as a 'total loss or constructive total loss' for this purpose.
- Repair of Glass/Fibre/Plastic/Rubber Parts: Any claim for repairs (not replacement) of only glass, plastic, rubber or fibre parts at authorised workshops/dealers/service stations will not affect your no-claim bonus eligibility at the time of renewal (the number of claims should not exceed one, and there should not be any other claim for damage to your car during insurance period).
- Key Replacement Cover: The insurance company reimburses the cost of replacing your car keys when they get lost or stolen. It also includes the cost of replacing your locks/keys if your car is broken into.
- Loss of Personal Belongings: It covers the loss/damage to your and your family members’ personal belongings in the car at the time of loss or damage to the car above 250 rupees.
- Consumable Expenses: It covers the cost of all consumables that require replacement or replenishment due to the insured car's accident (engine/gearbox oil, nuts/bolts/screws, oil filter, bearings, washers, air conditioner gas and others excluding fuel).
- Tyre Secure: Covers repair and replacement expenses on tyres-tubes only due to accidental loss/damage (without any damage to the insured car leading to bulge, puncture, burst, cut, or other damages as described under the 'Tyre Secure' exclusions).
- Engine Secure: Covers repair and replacement expenses for loss or damages to your car's engine's internal parts, gearbox, transmission and differential assembly (loss or damage must be due to ingress of water or leakage of lubricating oil from engine/assembly). Available for up to 5 years old cars.
Some Exclusions of TATA AIG Four Wheeler Insurance
- Accidental Losses/Damages, Liabilities caused, sustained or incurred outside the geographical area are not covered.
- The Personal Accident Cover does not compensate death or bodily injuries directly/indirectly wholly/in part arising/resulting from or traceable to- intentional self-injury suicide, an attempt at suicide, physical defect, infirmity or accidents under the influence of intoxicating liquor/drugs.
- Claims Arising Out of Contractual liabilities are not covered.
- No Daily Allowance will be payable if only the windscreen, any other glass is damaged or if the required repair time of the car is up to three days.
- Roadside Assistance Services are not provided during acts of god, exceptional adverse weather conditions, earthquake, fire (not due to negligence of either party), invasion, war (declared/undeclared), rebellion, revolt, riot (other than among employees of either party), civil commotion/war, terrorist acts, nuclear fission, strike, act(s) of omission or commission by government agencies, judicial and quasi-judicial authorities.
- While Repairing Glass/Fibre/plastic/rubber parts- any cost of painting the parts without other repair associated with these parts is not covered.
- Key Replacement Cover: Cost of key replacement for cars not owned for personal use is not covered.
- Engine Secure Add-on does not indemnify you for losses/damages covered under manufacturer warranty/recall campaign or forming part of maintenance and preventive maintenance. It also does not cover aggravation of loss/damage or corrosion due to delay in intimation.
TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy: Discounts
- Voluntary Discounts: Offered when you choose to pay the minimum amount at the time of claim.
- No-claim Discount of 20%on the premium of the second year if zero claims are made throughout the year. Up to 50% for consecutive claims-free years.
- A Discount for Installing approved anti-theft devices in your car.
- Other Discounts for holding a membership with recognised automobile associations in India.
TATA AIG Car Insurance Premium
Multiple factors determine your car insurance premium. They include your car’s age, cubic capacity, brand, model, variant, no-claim bonus, your place (urban or rural), chosen fuel type and the voluntary deductible.
Car owners or prospective buyers can choose the right insurance by exploring all available policies and plans through online insurance comparison portals such as www.quickinsure.co.in. Such user-friendly platforms, with the help of few clicks, help you make informed choices, compare quotations, premium amount, simplify and speed up the process of buying suitable car insurance.
TATA AIG Car Insurance Renewal & Application
One can apply for/renew a car insurance policy by viewing and comparing quotes online through insurance comparison services such as www.quickinsure.co.in.
TATA AIG Car Insurance Review
TATA AIG car insurance is highly admired for its comprehensive coverage against accidents and damages. Its practical add-on covers widen the scope of your policy and the established goodwill of brand TATA ensures excellent quality services.
TATA AIG Car Insurance: FAQs
Q: Am I allowed to transfer my no-claim bonus while switching over to TATA AIG car insurance?
Yes, you are! The applicable discount rate remains constant, and you must provide evidence (confirmation letter or a renewal notice) of being eligible for a no-claim bonus from your previous insurance company on the last policy year.
Q: How is my car's IDV calculated?
Based on your car's age, model and brand. The depreciation schedule followed by TATA AIG consists of your car's age not exceeding six months to exceeding four years but less than five years. The depreciation percentage for calculating IDV could vary from 5% to 50%.
Q: Can you explain TATA AIG car insurance's claim settlement process and how long does it take?
Claim settlement- TATA AIG's toll-free number: 1800-266-7780 or send an SMS (typing ''claims'' to 5616181). It takes a maximum of seven days to complete the claim settlement process after sharing all the required documents.
Q: Is there a direct settlement facility on car insurance with TATA AIG?
Yes, there is. It can be availed by the policyholders when their insured car is repaired at authorised garages, dealers or service stations of the insurance provider.
Q: Can I pay my TATA AIG car insurance premium in monthly instalments?
Unfortunately, no; however, you may use your credit card to make full payment and then repay it to the card company in agreed instalments.
Q: Is there any fuel support provided by TATA AIG Car Insurance?
Yes! When your car runs out of fuel and is immobilised, you get emergency fuel up to 5 litres (chargeable) at the location of breakdown.
Q: How can I alter the IDV of my car that is insured with TATA AIG insurance?
It can only be changed up to 10% and that too at the time of car insurance renewal. You may use the toll-free number: 1800-266-7780 for initiating the request.
Q: What should I do if I have lost my original TATA AIG insurance policy documents?
You may contact the nearest TATA AIG branch and handover a written request. A negligible fee could be charged for a duplicate copy.
Disclaimer: The information shared is purely indicative. Please refer to the policy wordings for most up-to-date and precise details.