Star Health Comprehensive Policy ensures complete healthcare protection for your family on individual and floater basis.
Star Comprehensive Insurance Policy Details
- Star Comprehensive Health Insurance policy is both on an individual and family-floater basis.
- The family includes self, your spouse and dependent children, not more than three.
- 18 to 65 years of individuals are eligible, including dependent children three months to 25 years of age.
- Comprises of a personal accident cover - death/permanent total disablement (equal to your Health Insurance cover) at no additional charges.
- Initial waiting period for hospitalisation: 30 days(excluding accidental hospitalisation).
- Covers pre-existing diseases/illnesses after 36 months of continuous insurance without any break.
- Slow-growing diseases/specific illnesses are covered after 24 months.
- Star Health Comprehensive Insurance policy includes a cover for maternity and newborn baby.
- The Comprehensive Star Health insurance also covers domiciliary hospitalisation, organ donor expenses, Ayush treatment and complicated medical procedures.
- Dental/Ophthalmic cover on OPD basis.
- Allows the mid-term inclusion of newly married spouse and a newborn baby by paying an additional premium.
- 100% automatic restoration for subsequent hospitalisation, even for the disease for which the claim/s was made.
- Disease management programme.
- Covers the cost of health-checkup for every claim-free year.
- 100% increase in the sum-insured upon a claim-free renewal.
- Co-payment: 10% of every claim for individuals above the age of 60 at the entry-level and their subsequent renewals.
- 15 days of Free-look period.
- Substantial premium discounts.
Star Health Comprehensive Policy Major Benefits
- Cashless hospitalisation, wherever possible.
- Star Health Insurance Comprehensive plan covers in-patient hospitalisation expenses for a minimum of 24 hrs.
- Pre-hospitalisation expenses are covered for up to 60 days.
- Post-hospitalisation-up to 90 days after discharge.
- Expenses include private single room (AC) rent, nursing, boarding, Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultant charges, Specialist's fees and cost of medicines/drugs.
- There is no capping on room rent.
- Road ambulance charges for emergency transportation.
- Air ambulance benefit up to 2,50,000 rupees/hospitalisation, not exceeding 5,00,000 rupees/policy period.
- Out-patient consultation (excluding dental/ophthal) expenses up to a specific limit and second opinion.
- Coverage for domiciliary hospitalisation for a period exceeding three days.
- The hospital cash benefit is payable for every completed day of hospitalisation for a maximum of 7 days/occurrence.
- Dependent children and individuals above 70 can be covered under Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disablement up to the sum-insured of 10,00,000 rupees.
- Can reduce the waiting period from 36 to 12 months through Buyback PED (optional cover) additional premium payment.
- Cumulative bonus: maximum 100% of the basic sum-insured.
- Direct in-house, fast and hassle-free claim settlement without any third-party administrator.
- Renewal premium discount for a healthy lifestyle through wellness activities.
- Pre-acceptance medical screening only for Buyback PED (optional cover).
- Tax benefit and relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act when the amount is paid by any mode other than cash.
Star Health Comprehensive Plan Prominent Exclusions
- Expenses on Circumcision, Frenuloplasty, Preputioplasty, Preputial Dilatation or Removal of SMEGMA.
- Congenital External Condition, Defects or Anomalies.
- Convalescence and General Debility.
- Run-down Condition/Rest Cure.
- The Nutritional Deficiency States.
- Intentional Self Injuries.
- Use of Intoxicating Substances/Substance Abuse.
- Use of Drugs/Alcohol.
- Smoking/Tobacco Chewing.
- Venereal/Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Injuries/Diseases directly/indirectly caused by/arising from/attributable to war, invasion or act of foreign enemy/warlike operations.
- Injuries/diseases directly/indirectly caused by/contributed to by nuclear weapons or materials.
- Expenses on weight control services (including surgical procedures).
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound, Uterine Fibroid Embolisation, Balloon Sinoplasty, Enhanced External Counter Pulsation Therapy and related therapies.
- Chelation Therapy, Deep Brain Stimulation, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Rotational Field Quantum Magnetic Resonance Therapy, VAX-D, Low-level laser Therapy, Photodynamic Therapy and other therapies similar to those mentioned under this exclusion.
- Charges incurred on diagnostics not consistent with the treatment for which the insured person is admitted in the hospital or nursing home.
- Admission primarily for diagnostic purposes with no positive existence of sickness, disease, ailment or injury and no further treatment is indicated.
- Unconventional/Unproven or Experimental Therapies.
- Hospital registration/admission/telephone/other charges.
- Hospitalisations not medically necessary/does not warrant hospitalisation.
Claims Procedure, Insurance Portability & Cancellation
- 24-hour help-line: 1800-425-2255 Or 1800-102-4477.
- Mention the Comprehensive Policy Star Health IDnumber for easy reference.
- Planned hospitalisation- Please inform 24 hours before admission.
- Emergency hospitalisation. The information must be shared within 24 hours.
- Cashless facility is available in all network hospitals, wherever possible.
- Payments made up-front in non-network hospitals are reimbursed after the submission of documents.
- The insured can port the policy by submitting an appropriate application form to the insurance company at least 45 days before, no earlier than 60 days from the renewal date.
- Email email@example.com reach out to +91-044-28288869.
- The Star Comprehensive Health Insurance policy can be cancelled by the insurance company on the grounds of misrepresentation/fraud, moral hazard or non-disclosure of material facts (as stated in the proposal/claim form) at the time of claim and non-co-operation of the insured individual by serving a 30-days notice at his/her last known address.
- A policyholder can also cancel it at any time, and the company allows refund after retaining premium at a short Period-rate, provided no claim has occurred up to the cancellation date.
Star Comprehensive Health Insurance: FAQs
Q: Is the waiting period for pre-existing diseases 36 or 12 months under the Star Comprehensive Health Insurance plan?
The standard waiting for all pre-existing illnesses/diseases is 36 months; however, by paying the extra premium and availing a particular benefit, you may reduce it to only 12 months.
Q: What is the maximum payable medical consultation as an Out-Patient?
The limit per consultation is 300 rupees.
Q: Within how many days one should intimate about the marriage/newborn to avail the midterm inclusion of newly wedded spouse and the newborn baby?
Within 60 days.
Q: What is the grace period allowed for policy renewal from the date of expiry?
Star Health Insurance
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd., started operations in 2006. As an exclusive health insurance provider, it is admired across India for setting international benchmarks in service and personal caring.
- Registered Office: No 1, New Tank Street, Valluvarkottam High Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600034.
- IRDAI Registration No: 129 | CIN :U66010TN2005PLC056649 | Ph: 044-28288800 | Fax: 044-28260062 |Info@Starhealth.In l www.starhealth.in.
Disclaimer:The information shared is only indicative. Please go through the actual policy wordings for details on risk factors, terms and conditions Or visit www.starhealth.in before finalising the purchase.