Bharti AXA health insurance protects you and your family against unexpected medical emergencies. Its customised plans provide coverage at affordable premiums and act as ideal companions for your financial health.
- 1.3 million+ policies issued.
- Flexible plans.
- Comprehensive medical cover up to 1 crore rupees.
- Pre and post hospitalisation covered.
- A PAN-India cashless network of hospitals.
- 100+ branches across India.
- Claim-settlement ratio: 98.27%.
- Tax savings up to 55,000 rupees under Section 80D.
- Easy to purchase/renew online insurance plans.
Bharti AXA medical insurance from "Bharti Axa General Insurance Company Ltd" serves millions across the country through its 4,500+ strong cashless hospital network and a dedicated 24x7 claim assistance.
Features & Advantages: Bharti AXA Medical Insurance Policy
- Covers your medical expenses for 30 days (before hospitalisation) and 60 days (post-hospitalisation).
- Unlimited room rent facility on specific plans.
- Free health check-up through 1% of the sum insured after every four claim-free years.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered after four years.
- Double sum insured is provided for some plans if the insured is diagnosed with any of the twenty critical illnesses.
- Day-care procedures.
- Industry-first dedicated claims handlers and 48-hour fund release arrangement.
- Up to 25% renewal discount.
- Lifelong renewability option.
- Free 15-days look-in period.
Bharti AXA Health Insurance Policy Details
1] Smart Health Insurance Policy
- Sum insured options: 3, 4 and 5 lakh rupees.
- Includes a critical illness cover.
- Dread disease recuperation benefit (200-300 rupees per day).
- Room Rent (per day)-As per the plan opted.
- Pre-Hospitalisation- Up to SI: 30 to 40 days.
- Post Hospitalization-Up to SI: 60 days.
- Daycare and AYUSH treatment: Up to SI.
- Domiciliary hospitalisation: 10% of the sum insured.
- Emergency surface ambulance charges: 1,500 - 2,000 rupees.
- Organ donor: 10 to 15% of SI.
- No-claim bonus: 5%, up to 25%.
- Health check-up: Once in a block of four years.
- Critical illness (add on): Additional 100% SI on hospitalisation expenses.
- Hospital cash allowance (add on): 250 to 350 rupees per day.
- Accompanying person expenses: 250 rupees for five days after the first three days.
2] Smart Super Health Insurance Policy
- Extensive coverage: 5 lakh to 1 crore rupees.
- Room Rent (per day): Upto SI -no cap.
- Pre/Post-Hospitalization of 60/90 days.
- Sum insured restoration - up to 100%.
- Daycare, AYUSH treatment and domiciliary hospitalization: Up to SI.
- Maternity benefit (optional): Maternity- 35,000, 50,000, 75,000 and 100,000 rupees. New born- 25,000, 50,000, 75,000 and 100,000 rupees.
- Annual health check-up.
- Organ donor expenses covered up to sum insured.
- Option to choose: Critical illness cover/hospital cash.
- Critical Illness (add on): Critical illness sum insured opted not more than the sum insured.
- Domestic air ambulance: up to 100,000 or 200,000 rupees.
- Emergency surface ambulance: 3,000 rupees/event.
- No-claim bonus: Up to 100% of the sum insured.
General Exclusions: Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Expenses incurred for hospitalisation due to diseases/illnesses afflicted within first 30 days of the policy issue date. (not applicable for subsequent policy renewals).
- The following medical conditions are not covered in the first two years: Cataract, laser surgery, dilation, curettage, replacement of joints (unless the injury was caused by accident).
- Chronic renal failure requiring dialysis, myomectomy and hysterectomy (unless because of malignancy).
- Sex change/similar treatments/circumcision.
- Dental procedures, hernia, hydrocele.
- Fistula in anus, sinusitis, haemorrhoids or piles.
- Procedures relation to birth/pregnancy/fertility- Birth control.
- Hormone replacement therapy, caesarean section, and operations related to fertility/conception.
- Gastric/duodenal erosions and ulcers.
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and related diseases.
- Routine examination of eyes/ear and subsequent cost of spectacles.
- All skin conditions, internal tumours, cysts, nodules and polyps [including breast lumps (unless diagnosed as malignant)].
- Illnesses/injuries directly or indirectly leading to/arising from/occurring during the commission of any breach of law by the insured with criminal intent.
- War (declared or not) and warlike occurrences, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, civil war, hostilities, rebellion, revolutions, insurrections, mutiny, military/usurped power, seizure, capture, arrest, restraints and detainments.
- Diseases/illnesses/injuries while performing duties as a serving member of a military/police force.
Note: Please refer to detailed insurance product brochures for policy/plans-specific exclusions.
Bharti AXA Health Insurance Premium Calculator
Bharti AXA health insurance premiumis based on factors such as your age, medical history, lifestyle habits, the sum insured and type of cover you choose.
One can compare policies and plans by visiting Bharti AXA's official website. Alternatively, you may use established online insurance comparison portals such as www.Quickinsure.com to explore quotations, simplify and speed up the process of buying medical insurance.
Bharti AXA Health Insurance Renewal & Purchase
One can apply for/renew a health insurance policy by viewing and comparing quotes online through insurance comparison platforms such as www.Quickinsure.com.
Bharti AXA Health Insurance Review
Innovation &Pragmatism. These are the two words that first come to mind when we talk about Bharti AXA, a transparent and progressive insurance service provider.
Bharti AXA health insurance is known for its high-quality healthcare services, plenty of benefits that come with them and competitively priced products. A variety of policies keep you financially secure amid ever-evolving uncertainties and rising healthcare costs.
Bharti AXA Health Insurance: FAQs
Q: Is there any age limit for purchasing a health insurance policy from Bharti AXA?
Policies cover you, your spouse and two dependent children equal to or under the age of 23. If the child's age is from 3 months to 5 years, then he/she can get coverage under a family floater policy. However, at least one parent should be covered under the same policy. If the child's age is from 5 years to 23 years, you will have a choice to purchase a separate policy or continue with the same floater policy.
Q: Why should I choose Bharti AXA health insurance over others?
As one of the top ten insurance companies in India, with Bharti AXA, you get reasonably priced products and practical features.
Q: Are my hospitalisation expenses outside India covered?
No, only the ones incurred within India are covered.
Q: How can I avail cashless hospitalisation?
The patient is admitted to any empanelled hospital. Cashless form duly filled by the hospital is sent to the third-party administrator, the specified fax number or the insurance helpdesk. TPA reviews your claim, informs the policyholder and the hospital generally within six hours through SMS, email or fax. Your hospitalisation bills are then settled directly by Bharti AXA.
Q: How can I avail the reimbursement facility?
The patient gets admitted to the hospital, goes through treatment and pays all hospitalisation expenses. He/she submits all original medical documents and the claim form with the TPA. The TPA then evaluates all the documents and processes the claim within 21 days. In the case of claim rejection, the policyholder receives a letter stating reasons for the same.
Disclaimer: The information shared is purely indicative. Please refer to the policy wordings for most up-to-date and precise details.