Care Freedom Diabetic from Care Health Insurance Limited, formerly known as Religare Health Insurance, is a comprehensive policy that covers your medical bills for diabetes, hypertension and high BMI treatments by providing maximum coverage at affordable premiums.
Care Freedom Diabetic Health Insurance Details
- Religare Care Freedom Diabetic health insurance takes care of diabetes, high BP or high BMI treatment costs.
- Floater and individual covers.
- Available with two plans: Care Freedom Plan 1 & Care Freedom Plan 2.
- Policy tenure: 1,2 and 3 years.
- The minimum entry age for adults is 18 years, and for children, it is 90 days.
- Minimum entry age for an individual policy under Care Freedom Plan 2 is 46 years, and it remains the same for a floater policy (Eldest insured individual: 46 years).
- Maximum entry age: 24 years for children and lifelong for adults.
- Sum-insured options ranging from 3 to 10 lakh rupees.
- Initial waiting period for hospitalisation: 30 days (except for accidental injuries).
- Pre-existing diseases/illnesses are covered only after 24 months of continuous coverage.
- The waiting period for named ailments is 24 months.
- Optional add-on covers.
- A grace period of 30 days.
- Lifelong renewal facility.
- Free-look period of 15 days.
Freedom Diabetic Health Insurance: Major Benefits
- 11,000+ strong network of hospitals across the globe.
- Cashless hospitalisation and reimbursement facility.
- Pays for pre-hospitalisation expenses for up to 30 days and post-hospitalisation up to 60 days.
- In-patient hospitalisations for at least 24 hours (Up to the sum-insured): Covers room charges, nursing expenses, ICU charges, surgeons/doctors' fee, anaesthesia, blood, oxygen and OT charges.
- Daycare treatments.
- Room rent: Twin-sharing, maximum of 1% of the sum-insured/day and single private room.
- Ambulance cover: 1,000 rupees/hospitalisation.
- Companion benefit, if the hospitalisation exceeds ten days: 10,000-15,000 rupees, depending on the sum insured.
- Consumable allowance, max 7 days/hospitalisation, covered after 3 days: 750-1,000 rupees/day, based on your sum-insured.
- Domiciliary hospitalisation: Up to 10% of the sum-insured after 3 days.
- Dialysis cover: Up to 1,000 rupees/sitting.
- Cataract treatment: 20,000-30,000 rupees/eye.
- Total knee replacement: 80,000-1,20,000 rupees/knee.
- Surgery for all types of Hernia, BPH: Up to 80,000 rupees.
- Surgery for cancer, bone breakage: Up to 2,00,000-3,00,000 rupees.
- Automatic recharge of the sum-insured.
- No-claim bonus.
- Co-payment option: 20% / claim, if entry age<=70 years and 30% / claim, if entry age >70 years.
- Annual health check-up.
- Option to upgrade “Annual health check-up” to “Diabetes health check-up” [Complete blood count with ESR, Urine RE, Blood group, Fasting/PP blood sugar, TMT, Lipid profile, Kidney/Liver function test, TSH, Medical examination report, HbA1C, Urine for micro albuminuria and Hbs Ag ] or “Cardiac health check-up.”
- 24x7 claim support.
- Over 90% insurance claim-settlement ratio.
- Tax benefit and relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Religare Care Freedom Diabetic Health Insurance: General Exclusions
- Diseases contracted during the first 30 days, except those arising out of accidents.
- OPD treatments.
- Expenses attributable to self-inflicted injuries (resulting from suicide or attempted suicides).
- Arising out of/attributable to alcohol/drug use/misuse/abuse.
- Cost of spectacles/contact lenses, other dental treatments not requiring hospitalisation.
- Medical expenses incurred for treatment of AIDS.
- Treatments arising from/traceable to pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage, abortion and its consequences.
- Congenital diseases.
- Tests/treatments relating to infertility.
Care Freedom Diabetic Health Insurance Claims, Portability & Cancellation
- Cashless insurance: In case of emergency hospitalisation, must inform within 24 hours. If planned, should intimate the insurance company 48 hours before the hospitalisation.
- Reimbursement: In case of cashless, should complete the pre-authorisation form at the hospital's insurance/TPA desk and send it through fax. If it gets rejected, you can initiate the treatment and file for reimbursement claim.
- Insurance claim form submission: Submit your claim form with all the required documents. If rejected, you will be informed about the reason.
- Portability: To port your policy, fill up the portability form with existing health insurance details, the proposal form with details of the new insurer, submit the relevant documents and make payment.
- Care Freedom Diabetic health insurance can be cancelled by thecompany on the grounds of misrepresentation/fraud, moral hazard or non-disclosure of material facts (as stated in the proposal/claim form) at the time of claim and non-co-operation of the insured individual by serving a notice.
- A policyholder can also cancel it at any time by giving written notice, and the company allows refund after retaining premium at a short Period-rate, provided no claim has occurred up to the cancellation date.
Religare Care Freedom Diabetic Health Insurance: FAQs
Q: Will Diabetes be considered a pre-existing condition?
Diabetes will be considered a pre-existing condition if it existed or was diagnosed before buying health insurance.
Q: Am I eligible to buy Freedom Diabetic health insurance if I have diabetes as a pre-existing condition?
Yes, you are.
Q: Does Care Freedom Diabetic health insurance require a pre-policy medical check-up for high bp or diabetic patients?
Q: What is included in the optional Cardiac health check-up cover?
Complete blood count with ESR, Urine RE, Blood group, Fasting/PP blood sugar, TMT, Lipid profile, Kidney/Liver function test, TSH, Medical examination report, HbsAG and Chest X-ray.
Religare CareHealth Insurance: Review
Care Health Insurance (CHI) stands out as one of the more sought-after health insurers for individuals and corporate employees. Adjudged the "Best Health Insurance Company" at ABP News-BFSI awards and recognised for its product innovations through Finnoviti's editor's choice awards, Care Health also carries a track record of servicing more than 50 lakh customers with 23 lakhs settled-claims.
Registered Office: 5th floor, 19 Chawla House, Nehru Place, New Delhi-110019.
IRDAI Registration: 148 l CIN: U66000DL2007PLC161503 | | 1800-102-4488 | email@example.com | www.careinsurance.com l
Disclaimer:The information shared is only indicative. Please go through the actual Religare Care Freedom Diabetic Health insurance policy wordings for details on risk factors, terms and conditions Or explore www.CareInsurance.com before finalising the purchase.