Star Health Medi Classic is one of the more sought-after insurance plans with the family package, a variety of healthcare benefits and bonus options.
Medi Classic Insurance Policy Details
- Star Health Medi Classic policy is available with the Gold Plan and a Family Package Plan.
- Gold Plan eligibility: Age at the entry-16th day to 65 years.
- Family Package Plan: Entry at 5 months to 65 years.
- Gold Plan sum-insured options: 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 lakh rupees.
- Sum-insured options under the Family Package Plan: 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 and 15 lakh rupees.
- Initial waiting period for hospitalisation: 30 days (excluding accidental hospitalisation).
- Covers pre-existing diseases/illnesses after 48 months of continuous insurance without any break.
- Slow-growing diseases/specific illnesses are covered after 24 months.
- Medi Classic Policy Star Health includes a cover for organ donor expenses, newborn baby and daycare procedures.
- 15 days of Free-look period.
Star Health Insurance Medi Classic Major Benefits
- 9,900+ strong network of hospitals across India.
- Star Health Medi Classic plan covers pre-hospitalisation expenses up to 30 days.
- Post-hospitalisation-up to 60 days after discharge.
- Emergency ambulance charges up to 750 rupees/hospitalisation and 1,500 rupees/policy period for the Family Package Plan.
- Gold Plan emergency ambulance charges - up to 2,000 rupees/hospitalisation.
- Room/boarding/nursing expenses - 2% of the sum-insured up to 5,000 rupees for the Family Package Plan.
- Gold Plan room/boarding/nursing expenses-sum-insured 3,00,000 and 4,00,000 rupees, payable up to 5,000 rupees/day and above 5,00,000 rupees/private single A/c room.
- Cost of health check-up after every four claim-free years, available only for the sum-insured 2,00,000 rupees and above.
- Cataract treatment cost - payable up to the limits.
- Hospitalisation expenses up to basic sum-insured if the individual diagnosed with psychiatric/psychosomatic disorder for the first time gets hospitalised for a minimum of 5 consecutive days.
- Cumulative bonus for the Family Package Plan: 5% of the basic sum-insured for every claim-free year, maximum 25%.
- Gold Plan cumulative bonus: 25% of the basic sum-insured in the second year + 20% for every subsequent year, a maximum of 100% overall.
- Automatic restoration of the basic sum-insured by 200%, once during the insurance policy period.
- Super restoration of the basic sum-insured (only for the Gold Plan) by 100% once for the remaining policy period and it can be used for the subsequent hospitalisation.
- Non-allopathic treatment, up to 25% of the basic sum-insured, maximum of 25,000 rupees during the entire insurance policy period.
- Hospitalisation expenses for treatment of a newborn baby, up to 10% of the sum-insured or 50,000 rupees, whichever is less.
- A lump-sum payment is payable when the insured occupies shared accommodation during in-patient hospitalisation (only for the Gold Plan).
- The basic sum-insured gets increased by 50% incase of the Gold Plan when the insured meets with a road traffic accident resulting in hospitalisation.
- Add-on covers such as "Patient Care" and "Hospital Cash" are available with the Gold Plan on payment of additional premium.
- Direct in-house, fast and hassle-free claim settlement without any third-party administrator.
- Discounts with the Gold Plan: 5% family discount when 2 or more members are covered and a major organ donor discount of 25% at the time of renewal if the insured submits proofs that he/she donated a major organ.
- 30 days grace period for renewal after the date of expiry.
- Tax benefit and relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act when the amount is paid by any mode other than cash.
Star Medi Classic Insurance Policy Prominent Exclusions
- Expenses on Circumcision, Frenuloplasty, Preputioplasty, Preputial Dilatation or Removal of SMEGMA.
- Congenital External Condition, Defects or Anomalies.
- Convalescence and General Debility.
- Run-down Condition/Rest Cure.
- The Nutritional Deficiency States.
- Intentional Self Injuries.
- Use of Intoxicating Substances/Substance Abuse.
- Use of Drugs/Alcohol.
- Smoking/Tobacco Chewing.
- Venereal/Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Injuries/Diseases directly/indirectly caused by/arising from/attributable to war, invasion or act of foreign enemy/warlike operations.
- Injuries/diseasesdirectly/indirectly caused by/contributed to by nuclear weapons or materials.
- Expenses on weight control services (including surgical procedures).
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound, Uterine Fibroid Embolisation, Balloon Sinoplasty, Enhanced External Counter Pulsation Therapy and related therapies.
- Chelation Therapy, Deep Brain Stimulation, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Rotational Field Quantum Magnetic Resonance Therapy, VAX-D, Low-level laser Therapy, Photodynamic Therapy and other therapies similar to those mentioned under this exclusion.
- Expenses on Lasik Laser/Refractive Error Correction and its complications, all treatments for disorders of eye requiring intravitreal injections.
- Cochlear implants and procedure-related hospitalisation.
- Cost of spectacles/contact lens, hearing aids, Cochlear implants, walkers/crutches/wheelchairs, CPAP, BIPAP, Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis, infusion pump and other similar aids.
- Charges incurred on diagnostics not consistent with the treatment for which the insured person is admitted in the hospital or nursing home.
- Admission primarily for diagnostic purposes with no positive existence of sickness, disease, ailment or injury and no further treatment is indicated.
- Unconventional/Unproven or Experimental Therapies.
- Hospital registration/admission/telephone/other charges.
- Hospitalisations not medically necessary/does not warrant hospitalisation.
Claims Procedure, Insurance Portability & Cancellation
- 24-hour help-line: 1800-425-2255 Or 1800-102-4477.
- Mention the Star Health Medi Classic IDnumber for easy reference.
- Planned hospitalisation- Please inform 24 hours before admission.
- Emergency hospitalisation. The information must be shared within 24 hours.
- Cashless facility is available in all network hospitals, wherever possible.
- Payments made up-front in non-network hospitals are reimbursed after the submission of documents.
- The insured can port the policy by submitting an appropriate application form to the insurance company at least 45 days before, no earlier than 60 days from the renewal date.
- Email email@example.com reach out to +91-044-28288869.
- The Medi Classic Policy Star Health can be cancelled by the insurance company on the grounds of misrepresentation/fraud, moral hazard or non-disclosure of material facts (as stated in the proposal/claim form) at the time of claim and non-co-operation of the insured individual by serving a 30-days notice at his/her last known address.
- A policyholder can also cancel it at any time, and the company allows refund after retaining premium at a short Period-rate, provided no claim has occurred up to the cancellation date.
Star Health Medi Classic Insurance Policy: FAQs
Q: Is there any pre-acceptance medical screening required while purchasing the Star Health Medi Classic policy?
Yes, all individuals over the age of 50 and also the ones who reveal unfavourable medical history must undergo pre-acceptance medical screening at the insurance company's designated centres.
Q: Who pays for the pre-acceptance medical screening cost?
At present, the entire cost is paid by the insurance company; however,this arrangement may change in the future.
Q: Are treatments traceable to pregnancy, family planning, miscarriage or abortion covered by the Star Medi Classic Health insurance?
No, such treatments are excluded.
Q: What are the documents that must be submitted in support of reimbursement claims?
Duly completed claim form, pre-admission investigations/treatment papers, discharge summary from the hospital, cash receipts from hospital/chemists, cash receipts/reports for tests done, receipts from doctors/surgeons/anaesthetist and certificate from the attending doctor regarding the diagnosis.
Star Health Insurance
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd., started operations in 2006. As an exclusive health insurance provider, it is admired across India for setting international benchmarks in service and personal caring.
- Registered Office: No 1, New Tank Street, Valluvarkottam High Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600034.
- IRDAI Registration No: 129 | CIN :U66010TN2005PLC056649 | Ph: 044-28288800 | Fax: 044-28260062 |Info@Starhealth.In l www.starhealth.in.
Disclaimer:The information shared is only indicative. Please go through the actual policy wordings for details on risk factors, terms and conditions Or visit www.starhealth.in before finalising the purchase.