Star Health Cancer Care is the first ever healthcare insurance plan for individuals diagnosed with Cancer, including the ones who have just been diagnosed and also those who have completed the treatment or have been cured of Cancer.
Star Cancer Care Gold Policy Details
- Star Health insurance for Cancer patients is an individual policy with a 1-year policy term.
- Eligibility: 5 months to 65 years old individuals who have already been diagnosed with stage 1 or stage 2 Cancer.
- The proposer can cover self, spouse, dependant children and dependant parents.
- Also provides regular indemnity health cover for accidents and illnesses other than Cancer.
- Sum-insured options: 3 and 5 lakh rupees.
- Offers a lump-sum cover of 50% of the sum-insured - for recurrence, metastasis, and/or a second malignancy unrelated to first Cancer.
- Initial waiting period for hospitalisation: 30 days.
- Pre-existing diseases/illnesses are covered only after 48 months of continuous coverage (except Cancer) and specified illnesses after 24 months.
- No pre-acceptance screening is required.
- Lifelong renewal facility available only when this pilot insurance product is regularised. Else lifelong renewal shall be offered under an appropriate suitable alternate product.
- 15 days of Free-look period.
Star Health Insurance for Cancer: Major Benefits
- Cashless hospitalisation, wherever possible.
- 9,900+ strong network of hospitals across India.
- Star Cancer Care plan coversrecurrences, metastasis, and/or a second malignancy unrelated to first Cancer.
- Pre-hospitalisation expenses for up to 30 days and post-hospitalisation up to 60 days.
- The indemnity sections of the policy cover room (single-standard A/c), boarding and nursing expenses as provided by the hospital or nursing home.
- Expenses include Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultant or Specialist's Fees, oxygen/blood/operationtheatre/diagnostics/imaging modalities and costs of medicines or drugs.
- Ambulance charges for emergency transportation to the hospital, up to 1,500 rupees/hospitalisation with an overall limit of 2,000 rupees/policy period.
- Daycare procedures.
- Co-payment: 10%, if the insured individual is above 60 during the first inception of this insurance policy.
- Direct in-house, fast and hassle-free claim settlement without any third-party administrator.
- 30 days grace period for renewal after the date of expiry of your policy.
- Tax benefit and relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act when Star Cancer Care Gold premium is paid by any mode other than cash.
- 24x7 toll-free helpline and information through a free health magazine.
Star Cancer Care Gold Insurance: Exclusions
- Treatment for Cancer and Cancer-related ailments.
- Expenses on Circumcision, Frenuloplasty, Preputioplasty, Preputial Dilatation or Removal of SMEGMA.
- Congenital External Condition, Defects or Anomalies.
- Convalescence and General Debility.
- Run-down Condition/Rest Cure.
- The Nutritional Deficiency States.
- Intentional Self Injuries.
- Use of Intoxicating Substances/Substance Abuse.
- Use of Drugs/Alcohol.
- Smoking/Tobacco Chewing.
- Venereal/Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Injuries/Diseases directly/indirectly caused by/arising from/attributable to war, invasion or act of foreign enemy/warlike operations.
- Injuries/diseasesdirectly/indirectly caused by/contributed to by nuclear weapons or materials.
- Expenses on weight control services (including surgical procedures).
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound, Uterine Fibroid Embolisation, Balloon Sinoplasty, Enhanced External Counter Pulsation Therapy and related therapies.
- Chelation Therapy, Deep Brain Stimulation, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Rotational Field Quantum Magnetic Resonance Therapy, VAX-D, Low-level laser Therapy, Photodynamic Therapy and other therapies similar to those mentioned under this exclusion.
- Expenses on Lasik Laser/Refractive Error Correction and its complications, all treatments for disorders of eye requiring intravitreal injections.
- Cochlear implants and procedure-related hospitalisation.
- Cost of spectacles/contact lens, hearing aids, Cochlear implants, walkers/crutches/wheelchairs, CPAP, BIPAP, Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis, infusion pump and other similar aids.
- Charges incurred on diagnostics not consistent with the treatment for which the insured person is admitted in the hospital or nursing home.
- Admission primarily for diagnostic purposes with no positive existence of sickness, disease, ailment or injury and no further treatment is indicated.
- Unconventional/Unproven or Experimental Therapies.
- Hospital registration/admission/telephone/other charges.
- Hospitalisations not medically necessary/does not warrant hospitalisation.
Claims Procedure, Insurance Portability& Cancellation
- Cashless treatment: Call 24-hour help-line1800-425-2255 Or 1800-102-4477.
- Mention Star Health Cancer Care Gold policy IDnumber for easy reference.
- Emergency hospitalisation. The information must be shared within 24 hours.
- Cashless facility is available in all network hospitals, wherever possible.
- Payments made up-front in non-network hospitals are reimbursed after the submission of documents.
- If during the policy period, the insured suffers a recurrence, metastasis, and/or a second malignancy unrelated to the first Cancer, the claim must be filed within 15 days from the date of commencement of treatment.
- The following documents must be provided for making a claim: Certificate from the treating doctor confirming the Cancer diagnosis, clinical, radiological, histological, pathological, histopathological, laboratory reports and supporting documents confirming the treatment.
- For illnesses other than Cancer and Cancer-related ailment, the claim must be filed within 15 days from the date of discharge.
- The insured can port the policy by submitting an appropriate application form to the insurance company at least 45 days before, no earlier than 60 days from the renewal date.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org reach out to +91-044-28288869.
- Star Cancer Care Gold plan can be cancelled by the insurance company on the grounds of misrepresentation/fraud, moral hazard or non-disclosure of material facts (as stated in the proposal/claim form) at the time of claim and non-co-operation of the insured individual by serving a 30-days notice at his/her last known address.
- A policyholder can also cancel it at any time, and the company allows refund after retaining premium at a short Period-rate, provided no claim has occurred up to the cancellation date.
Cancer Care Policy Star Health: FAQs
Q: Is no-pre-acceptance-screening related to the age of the insured individual?
No, pre-acceptance screening is not needed for Star Cancer Care Gold insurance, irrespective of the age of the insured.
Q: Can the sum-insured be increased at a later stage?
No, the sum-insured once selected cannot be enhanced even during renewals.
Q: How many days do we get for submitting all the post-hospitalisation bills?
Within 15 days after completion of 60 days from the date of discharge from nursing home/hospital.
Q: Star Cancer Care Gold Healthcare insurance policy has been described as a "Pilot" insurance product. What does it mean?
A pilot insurance product is the one which is launched on a test basis for a specific duration, generally 5 years. Depending on the performance, it gets converted to a regular insurance product, gets modified or withdrawn. However, your interest as the policyholder remains protected.
Star Health Insurance
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd., started operations in 2006. As an exclusive health insurance provider, it is admired across India for setting international benchmarks in service and personal caring.
- Registered Office: No 1, New Tank Street, Valluvarkottam High Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600034.
- IRDAI Registration No: 129 | CIN :U66010TN2005PLC056649 | Ph: 044-28288800 | Fax: 044-28260062 |Info@Starhealth.In l www.starhealth.in.
Disclaimer:The information shared is only indicative. Please go through the actual Star Health Cancer Care plan wordings for details on risk factors, terms and conditions Or visit www.starhealth.in before finalising the purchase.