Star Cardiac Care policy is unique healthcare insurance for heart patients that also provides a variety of benefits.
Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy Details
- Star Cardiac Care plan is suitable for those with existing cardiac diseases.
- Policy tenure of 1 year.
- Also covers hospitalisation expenses for accidents or non-cardiac treatments and provides a personal accident death cover at zero extra cost.
- It is available with two plans - Silver Plan and Gold Plan.
- Eligibility: 10 to 65 years old individuals who have undergone PTCA (Stenting) or CABG (By-pass) procedures (within 7 years period before proposal) or Atrial Septal Defects or Ventricular Septal Defects that have been corrected or Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) that has been treated or Undergone RF Ablation for correcting the underlying cardiac condition or had an Angiogram done but no intervention was medically found necessary.
- Sum-insured type and amount: Individual, 3 and 4 lakh rupees.
- Initial waiting period for hospitalisation: 30 days (excluding accidental hospitalisation), applicable for both the plans.
- Both plans cover pre-existing diseases/illnesses after 48 months, treatments of cardiac conditions after 90 days and specified diseases after 24 months.
- No pre-acceptance screening is required; however, the proposer must submit the past medical records of the individual proposed for insurance.
- Lifelong renewal facility.
- 15 days of Free-look period.
Star Health Insurance Cardiac Care Major Benefits
- Cashless hospitalisation.
- 9,900+ strong network of hospitals across India.
- Option to increase or reduce the sum-insured at the time of renewal, subject to the approval of the insurance company.
- Covers pre-hospitalisation expenses for up to 30 days.
- Post-hospitalisation-up to 60 days after discharge.
- Takes care of in-patient hospitalisation expenses for a minimum of 24 hrs, including room/nursing/boarding charges, Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultant and Specialist's Fees, oxygen/blood/operation theatre/diagnostics/imaging modalities and costs of medicines or drugs.
- Ambulance charges for emergency transportation to the hospital as per specified limits.
- Daycare procedures.
- Out-patient expenses limit is 500 rupees/event and a maximum of 1,500 rupees/policy period.
- Expenses for Cataract treatment are covered, up to 20,000 rupees/hospitalisation and 30,000 rupees for the entire insurance policy period.
- Co-payment: 10% of every claim amount for insured individuals beyond 60 years of age at entry-level and renewals after that.
- Direct in-house, fast and hassle-free claim settlement without any third-party administrator.
- 30 days grace period for renewal after the date of expiry of your policy.
- Tax benefit and relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act when the Cardiac Care Plan Star Health premium is paid by any mode other than cash.
Star Health Cardiac Care PlanExclusions
- Expenses on Circumcision, Frenuloplasty, Preputioplasty, Preputial Dilatation or Removal of SMEGMA.
- Congenital External Condition, Defects or Anomalies.
- Convalescence and General Debility.
- Run-down Condition/Rest Cure.
- The Nutritional Deficiency States.
- Intentional Self Injuries.
- Use of Intoxicating Substances/Substance Abuse.
- Use of Drugs/Alcohol.
- Smoking/Tobacco Chewing.
- Venereal/Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Injuries/Diseases directly/indirectly caused by/arising from/attributable to war, invasion or act of foreign enemy/warlike operations.
- Injuries/diseasesdirectly/indirectly caused by/contributed to by nuclear weapons or materials.
- Expenses on weight control services (including surgical procedures).
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound, Uterine Fibroid Embolisation, Balloon Sinoplasty, Enhanced External Counter Pulsation Therapy and related therapies.
- Chelation Therapy, Deep Brain Stimulation, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Rotational Field Quantum Magnetic Resonance Therapy, VAX-D, Low-level laser Therapy, Photodynamic Therapy and other therapies similar to those mentioned under this exclusion.
- Expenses on Lasik Laser/Refractive Error Correction and its complications, all treatments for disorders of eye requiring intravitreal injections.
- Cochlear implants and procedure-related hospitalisation.
- Cost of spectacles/contact lens, hearing aids, Cochlear implants, walkers/crutches/wheelchairs, CPAP, BIPAP, Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis, infusion pump and other similar aids.
- Charges incurred on diagnostics not consistent with the treatment for which the insured person is admitted in the hospital or nursing home.
- Admission primarily for diagnostic purposes with no positive existence of sickness, disease, ailment or injury and no further treatment is indicated.
- Unconventional/Unproven or Experimental Therapies.
- Hospital registration/admission/telephone/other charges.
- Hospitalisations not medically necessary/does not warrant hospitalisation.
Claims Procedure, Insurance Portability& Cancellation
- 24-hour help-line: 1800-425-2255 Or 1800-102-4477.
- Mention the Star Cardiac Care Insurance IDnumber for easy reference.
- Planned hospitalisation- Please inform 24 hours before admission.
- Emergency hospitalisation. The information must be shared within 24 hours.
- Cashless facility is available in all network hospitals, wherever possible.
- Payments made up-front in non-network hospitals are reimbursed after the submission of documents.
- The insured can port the policy by submitting an appropriate application form to the insurance company at least 45 days before, no earlier than 60 days from the renewal date.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org reach out to +91-044-28288869.
- The Star Cardiac Care Health insurance can be cancelled by the insurance company on the grounds of misrepresentation/fraud, moral hazard or non-disclosure of material facts (as stated in the proposal/claim form) at the time of claim and non-co-operation of the insured individual by serving a 30-days notice at his/her last known address.
- A policyholder can also cancel it at any time, and the company allows refund after retaining premium at a short Period-rate, provided no claim has occurred up to the cancellation date.
Star Health Heart Insurance: FAQs
Q: Is the Star Health Cardiac Care policy only appropriate for those with heart complications?
One must go through all the available Star heath insurance plans before finalising, however, it should be noted that this insurance policy not only offers a cover for cardiac-related complications, but it also brings multiple regular-health-cover benefits.
Q: What's the critical difference between Star Health Cardiac Care insurance policy's Silver and Gold plans?
The Silver plan covers surgical and interventional management and the Gold plan, in addition to all the advantages of the Silver plan, also takes care of medical management for cardiac treatments.
Q: What is the maximum limit for the room, boarding and nursing expenses provided by the hospital or nursing home?
2% of the sum-insured and maximum of 5,000 rupees/day.
Q: When does this insurance expire?
The Star Cardiac Care plan concerning every relevant insured individual shall expire immediately upon the death of the insured or on expiry of the sum-insured, whichever occurs first.
Star Health Insurance
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd., started operations in 2006. As an exclusive health insurance provider, it is admired across India for setting international benchmarks in service and personal caring.
- Registered Office: No 1, New Tank Street, Valluvarkottam High Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600034.
- IRDAI Registration No: 129 | CIN :U66010TN2005PLC056649 | Ph: 044-28288800 | Fax: 044-28260062 |Info@Starhealth.In l www.starhealth.in.
Disclaimer:The information shared is only indicative. Please go through the actual policy wordings for details on risk factors, terms and conditions Or visit www.starhealth.in before finalising the purchase.