Kotak Mahindra'scomprehensive car insurance provides all-round protection for owners against own damage, accidents and third-party liabilities. It also brings additional covers such as roadside assistance and engine protection, ensuring complete peace of mind.
- Innovative and value-for-money car insurance.
- Multiple add-ons for your specific requirements.
- Advanced digital processes.
- Easy to buy and renew.
Kotak car insurance serves millions across India through 1,300+ cashless garages and 24x7 claim assistance services.
Features & Advantages of Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance
- Comprehensive coverage.
- Takes care of third party liabilities.
- Covers partial, total loss, damage to the car and third-party legal liabilities.
- Smart add-ons.
- Includes a personal accident cover.
- Cashless servicing across a vast network of authorized garages.
- Attractive discounts.
- Prompt claim registration.
- Policy portability option.
Kotak Car Insurance Policy & Variants
Kotak Car Secure
- A comprehensive car insurance plan.
- Provides coverage when your car gets damaged partially or entirely due to natural calamities such as fire, explosion, self-ignition/lightning, earthquake, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, landslide and rockslide.
- Covers human-made calamities that include burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious act, accidental external means and terrorist activities.
- Also covers damages to third-party properties and bodily injuries (including death) caused by accidents involving the insured car.
- Electrical/Non-electrical accessories and bi-fuel systems.
- Includes a personal accident cover for injuries while driving, mounting into, dismounting from, or travelling as a co-driver in the insured car (extended to other passengers as well, as long as the number of passengers is limited to the carrying capacity of the car, excluding the driver).
- Cashless servicing.
Kotak Car Insurance Online: Optional Add-On Covers
- Roadside Assistance: Get the necessary help in case your car breaks down, and you are stranded on the road. It includes towing due to an accident/breakdown, battery jump-start, arrangement/supply of fuel, emptying of fuel tank, flat tyre(s) repairs, breakdown support over the phone, taxi benefits, the arrangement of keys, message relay and minor repairs.
- Other Add-ons are available at an additional premium: Depreciation Cover, Consumables Cover, Engine Protect, Return to Invoice, Tyre Cover, Daily Car Allowance, NCB Protect, Loss of personal belonging and Key Replacement.
Exclusions of Kotak Motor Insurance
Any losses or damages to your car/accessory/accessories arising due to the following are not covered:
- Normal wear-tear and general ageing of the car.
- Depreciation/consequential losses.
- The car being used contrary to the limitations stated in your policy.
- Mechanical/electrical breakdown.
- Contractual liabilities.
- Damage to or by an individual driving the car under the influence of drugs/liquor.
- Damage to/by a person driving the car without a valid license.
- Nuclear risk/war.
Kotak Car Policy: Discounts
- Premium discount (as per the tariff) is applicable when you opt for "Voluntary Deductible" in addition to the compulsory one.
- AAI members discount can be availed if you are an active member of any recognized Automobile Association of India (AAI).
- No-claim Bonus (NCB): Depending on your previous claim history, you could be eligible for a No-claim bonus (the policy must be renewed within 90 days of the previous policy's expiry date). The amount increases progressively with every claim-free year and goes up to a maximum of 50%.
Kotak Car Insurance Premium
The premium for your car insurance policy is based on factors such as IDV, the make/model, year of purchase, registration and the city.
One can compare policies and plans by visiting Kotak General Insurance’s official website. Alternatively, you may use established online insurance comparison portals such as www.Quickinsure.comto explore quotations, simplify and speed up the process of buying car insurance.
Kotak Car Insurance Renewal & Application
One can apply for/renew a car insurance policy by viewing and comparing quotes online through insurance comparison platforms such as www.Quickinsure.com.
Kotak Car Insurance Review
Kotak car insurance comes from "Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Limited", a 100% subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank and one of the faster growing general insurance ventures in our country. It offers a smart policy to protect you and your car from a variety of financial losses or damages.
Competitive pricing, instant claim assistance and cashless settlement are some of the prominent features that make it the go-to choice for anyone looking for extensive car insurance coverage.
Kotak Mahindra Motor Insurance: FAQs
Q: Are there any specific cars that are insured by Kotak?
No. You can purchase insurance for any new or used car.
Q: What is IDV?
Insured Declared Value (IDV): It is the maximum sum assured fixed by your insurer at the beginning of every policy period. If the car suffers a total loss, the IDV is the compensation that the insurance company will provide to the policyholder. It is fixed based on the manufacturer's listed selling price of the brand/model of the car proposed for insurance and is adjusted for depreciation.
Q: Can I transfer the "No-claim bonus" discount from my previous insurer to Kotak?
Yes, you can. While switching policies from other insurers, you can retain its benefits (as per your expiring policy).
Q: Can you explain Kotak car insurance's claim-settlement process?
Cashless claim: Call 1 800 266 4545 (8 a.m. – 8 p.m.) and inform Kotak about your claim with all the policy details.
- Once the claim is registered, a customer support executive provides you with a claim reference number.
- You submit all the relevant documents (Driving License, RC Copy, Policy FIR Copy) and an inspection is conducted within 24 hours or on the next working day.
- On cashless confirmation, the car gets repaired at a preferred network garage, and the bills are cleared by the insurance company directly with the garage.
- You will be required to pay the deductible as mentioned in your policy and the depreciation value or salvage as informed by the surveyor.
Reimbursement: Call 1 800 266 4545 and inform Kotak about your claim.
- Submit all bills with policy details.
- Receive the payment within 7 working days of completion of documentation.
Disclaimer: The information shared is purely indicative. Please refer to the policy wordings for most up-to-date and precise details.