Star Health Diabetes Safe insurance is a specialised healthcare policy for diabetic patients, and it can be taken on an individual or floater basis.
Star Health Diabetes Safe Insurance Details
- Star Health Insurance Diabetes Safe policy issuitable for those who have diabetes, both Type 1 and Type 2.
- It is available with two plans - Plan A and Plan B.
- 18 to 65 years old individuals already living with Diabetes Mellitus are eligible for this insurance.
- Individual + floater basis.
- Floater policy for a family of 2 provided either of the individuals is a diabetic. The family includes yourself and your spouse only.
- Star Health Diabetes Safe insurance also covers regular hospitalisation expenses for other illnesses/diseases/accidental injuries.
- Sum-insured options: 3,4,5 and 10 lakh rupees.
- No waiting period for diabetes/its complications under Plan A.
- 12 months waiting period under Plan B.
- Initial waiting period for hospitalisation: 30 days (excluding accidental hospitalisation), applicable for both the plans.
- Both plans cover pre-existing diseases/illnesses after 48 months and slow-growing diseases/specific illnesses after 24 months.
- Plan B also takes care of diseases directly/indirectly relating to Cardio Vascular System, Renal System, Diseases of the eye, Diabetic Peripheral Vascular Diseases and Foot Ulcer after 12 months and transplant/related surgeries after 24 months of the waiting period.
- Lifelong renewal facility.
- Pre-acceptance medical screening necessary for Plan A.
- No pre-acceptancescreening required for Plan B.
- 15 days of Free-look period.
Star Diabetes Safe Insurance PolicyMajor Benefits
- Cashless hospitalisation, wherever possible.
- 9,900+ strong network of hospitals across India.
- Covers pre-hospitalisation expenses for up to 30 days.
- Post-hospitalisation-up to 60 days after discharge.
- Room, nursing, boarding charges, Surgeon/Anaesthetist's fees and drugs or medicines' costs.
- Out-patient expenses such as medical consultation and costs for diagnostic tests up to specified limits.
- Daycare procedures.
- Personal accident cover provides compensation for the accidental death of the chosen insured individual -100% of the health sum-insured opted.
- Direct in-house, fast and hassle-free claim settlement without any third-party administrator.
- 30 days grace period for renewal after the date of expiry of your policy.
- Tax benefit and relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act when the Star Health Diabetes Safe premium is paid by any mode other than cash.
Star Diabetes Safe PolicyProminent Exclusions
- Expenses on Circumcision, Frenuloplasty, Preputioplasty, Preputial Dilatation or Removal of SMEGMA.
- Congenital External Condition, Defects or Anomalies.
- Convalescence and General Debility.
- Run-down Condition/Rest Cure.
- The Nutritional Deficiency States.
- Intentional Self Injuries.
- Use of Intoxicating Substances/Substance Abuse.
- Use of Drugs/Alcohol.
- Smoking/Tobacco Chewing.
- Venereal/Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Injuries/Diseases directly/indirectly caused by/arising from/attributable to war, invasion or act of foreign enemy/warlike operations.
- Injuries/diseasesdirectly/indirectly caused by/contributed to by nuclear weapons or materials.
- Expenses on weight control services (including surgical procedures).
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound, Uterine Fibroid Embolisation, Balloon Sinoplasty, Enhanced External Counter Pulsation Therapy and related therapies.
- Chelation Therapy, Deep Brain Stimulation, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Rotational Field Quantum Magnetic Resonance Therapy, VAX-D, Low-level laser Therapy, Photodynamic Therapy and other therapies similar to those mentioned under this exclusion.
- Expenses on Lasik Laser/Refractive Error Correction and its complications, all treatments for disorders of eye requiring intravitreal injections.
- Cochlear implants and procedure-related hospitalisation.
- Cost of spectacles/contact lens, hearing aids, Cochlear implants, walkers/crutches/wheelchairs, CPAP, BIPAP, Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis, infusion pump and other similar aids.
- Charges incurred on diagnostics not consistent with the treatment for which the insured person is admitted in the hospital or nursing home.
- Admission primarily for diagnostic purposes with no positive existence of sickness, disease, ailment or injury and no further treatment is indicated.
- Unconventional/Unproven or Experimental Therapies.
- Hospital registration/admission/telephone/other charges.
- Hospitalisations not medically necessary/does not warrant hospitalisation.
Claims Procedure, Insurance Portability& Cancellation
- 24-hour help-line: 1800-425-2255 Or 1800-102-4477.
- Mention the Star Health Insurance Diabetes PlanIDnumber for easy reference.
- Planned hospitalisation- Please inform 24 hours before admission.
- Emergency hospitalisation. The information must be shared within 24 hours.
- Cashless facility is available in all network hospitals, wherever possible.
- Payments made up-front in non-network hospitals are reimbursed after the submission of documents.
- The insured can port the policy by submitting an appropriate application form to the insurance company at least 45 days before, no earlier than 60 days from the renewal date.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org reach out to +91-044-28288869.
- TheStar Health Insurance Diabetes Safe policy can be cancelled by the insurance company on the grounds of misrepresentation/fraud, moral hazard or non-disclosure of material facts (as stated in the proposal/claim form) at the time of claim and non-co-operation of the insured individual by serving a 30-days notice at his/her last known address.
- A policyholder can also cancel it at any time, and the company allows refund after retaining premium at a short Period-rate, provided no claim has occurred up to the cancellation date.
Star Health Diabetes Safe Health Insurance Plan: FAQs
Q: As Star Health Diabetes Safe insurance comes with two plans, can we change the plan whenever we wish?
Once you have opted a plan, it cannot be changed either during the policy period or at the time of renewal.
Q: Is the automatic restoration benefit available for both policies, individual and floater basis?
No, the automatic restoration benefit cannot be availed if your policy is on floater basis.
Q: Does this policy cover expenses on vitamins/tonics if they are not part of a treatment certified by any attending physician of the hospital?
No, it does not.
Q: What are the documents that must be submitted for accidental death claims?
Death certificate, Post-mortem certificate, if conducted, FIR (wherever required), Police investigation report (wherever needed), Viscera sample report (wherever required), Forensic science laboratory report (wherever required), Legal heir certificate and Succession certificate (wherever required).
Star Health Insurance
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd., started operations in 2006. As an exclusive health insurance provider, it is admired across India for setting international benchmarks in service and personal caring.
- Registered Office: No 1, New Tank Street, Valluvarkottam High Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600034.
- IRDAI Registration No: 129 | CIN :U66010TN2005PLC056649 | Ph: 044-28288800 | Fax: 044-28260062 |Info@Starhealth.In l www.starhealth.in.
Disclaimer:The information shared is only indicative. Please go through the actual policy wordings for details on risk factors, terms and conditions Or visit www.starhealth.in before finalising the purchase.