The Young Star Health Insurance policy, available both on an individual and family-floater basis, secures you while you are young, provides continuous protection and lifelong comfort.
Star Young Star Health Insurance Policy Details
- Young Star Health Insurance is available with the Silver and the Gold Plan.
- 18 to 40 years of age at the time of entry, including dependent children 91 days to 25 years old.
- Individual + family-floater basis. The family includes yourself, your spouse and dependent children, not more than 3.
- Initial waiting period for hospitalisation: 30 days (excluding accidental hospitalisation).
- Star Young Health Insurance policy covers pre-existing diseases/illnesses after 12 months of continuous insurance without any break.
- Slow-growing diseases/specific illnesses are covered after 12 months.
- No pre-acceptance medical screening.
- 15 days of Free-look period.
- Lifelong renewal facility.
Young Star Health Insurance Policy Major Benefits
- Cashless hospitalisation, wherever possible.
- 9,900+ strong network of hospitals across India.
- Star Young Star Health Insurance covers pre-hospitalisation expenses up to 60 days.
- Post-hospitalisation-up to 90 days after discharge.
- Room/boarding/nursing expenses as provided by the hospital.
- No capping on room rent.
- Anaesthetist, Surgeon, Medical Practitioner, Consultant and Specialist's Fees.
- Blood, Oxygen, Anesthesia, Operation Theatre and ICU charges.
- Ambulance charges for emergency transportation to the hospital.
- All daycare procedures and eMedical opinion.
- Cost of health check-up up to the limits specified on completion of every policy year (irrespective of the claim).
- 100% automatic restoration of the sum-insured upon partial or full utilisation of the coverage limit.
- Cumulative bonus can be availed. It is calculated at 20% of the basic sum-insured for every claim-free year, maximum of 100% of the basic sum-insured.
- The basic sum-insured gets increased by 25%, up to a maximum of 10,00,000 rupeeswhen the insured meets with a road traffic accident resulting in hospitalisation.
- Midterm inclusion of newly married/wedded spouse, legally adopted child and a newborn baby is allowed on payment of proportionate premium.
- Gold Plan exclusive advantages: Covers expenses on delivery by caesarean section, up to 30,000 rupees/delivery and pays a cash benefit of 1,000 rupees for every completed day of hospitalisation, maximum of 7 days/hospitalisation and 14 days/policy period.
- Direct in-house, fast and hassle-free claim settlement without any third-party administrator.
- Renewal premium discount through "Star Wellness Program" for a healthy lifestyle.
- Additional renewal premium discount of 10% for 40 years old individuals who entered the policy before the age of 36 and continuously renewed it without any break.
- Monthly, quarterly and half-yearly instalment facilities available only for one-year policy terms and sum-insured of 10,00,000 rupees and more.
- Tax benefit and relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act when the amount is paid by any mode other than cash.
Star Young Health Insurance Prominent Exclusions
- Expenses on Circumcision, Frenuloplasty, Preputioplasty, Preputial Dilatation or Removal of SMEGMA.
- Congenital External Condition, Defects or Anomalies.
- Convalescence and General Debility.
- Run-down Condition/Rest Cure.
- The Nutritional Deficiency States.
- Intentional Self Injuries.
- Use of Intoxicating Substances/Substance Abuse.
- Use of Drugs/Alcohol.
- Smoking/Tobacco Chewing.
- Venereal/Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Injuries/Diseases directly/indirectly caused by/arising from/attributable to war, invasion or act of foreign enemy/warlike operations.
- Injuries/diseasesdirectly/indirectly caused by/contributed to by nuclear weapons or materials.
- Expenses on weight control services (including surgical procedures).
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound, Uterine Fibroid Embolisation, Balloon Sinoplasty, Enhanced External Counter Pulsation Therapy and related therapies.
- Chelation Therapy, Deep Brain Stimulation, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Rotational Field Quantum Magnetic Resonance Therapy, VAX-D, Low-level laser Therapy, Photodynamic Therapy and other therapies similar to those mentioned under this exclusion.
- Expenses on Lasik Laser/Refractive Error Correction and its complications, all treatments for disorders of eye requiring intravitreal injections.
- Cochlear implants and procedure-related hospitalisation.
- Cost of spectacles/contact lens, hearing aids, Cochlear implants, walkers/crutches/wheelchairs, CPAP, BIPAP, Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis, infusion pump and other similar aids.
- Charges incurred on diagnostics not consistent with the treatment for which the insured person is admitted in the hospital or nursing home.
- Admission primarily for diagnostic purposes with no positive existence of sickness, disease, ailment or injury and no further treatment is indicated.
- Unconventional/Unproven or Experimental Therapies.
- Hospital registration/admission/telephone/other charges.
- Hospitalisations not medically necessary/does not warrant hospitalisation.
Claims Procedure, Insurance Portability & Cancellation
- 24-hour help-line: 1800-425-2255 Or 1800-102-4477.
- Mention theStar Young Star Health InsuranceIDnumber for easy reference.
- Planned hospitalisation- Please inform 24 hours before admission.
- Emergency hospitalisation. The information must be shared within 24 hours.
- Cashless facility is available in all network hospitals, wherever possible.
- Payments made up-front in non-network hospitals are reimbursed after the submission of documents.
- The insured can port the policy by submitting an appropriate application form to the insurance company at least 45 days before, no earlier than 60 days from the renewal date.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org reach out to +91-044-28288869.
- The Young Star Health Insurance plan can be cancelled by the insurance company on the grounds of misrepresentation/fraud, moral hazard or non-disclosure of material facts (as stated in the proposal/claim form) at the time of claim and non-co-operation of the insured individual by serving a 30-days notice at his/her last known address.
- A policyholder can also cancel it at any time, and the company allows refund after retaining premium at a short Period-rate, provided no claim has occurred up to the cancellation date.
Young Star Insurance Policy: FAQs
Q: What are the available policy terms for Young Star Insurance?
1 year and 2 years.
Q: Can I obtain an eMedical opinion from any doctor in the country?
No, you can only take an eMedical opinion from the insurance company's expert panel of doctors.
Q: What are the documents that must be submitted in support of reimbursement claims?
Duly completed claim form, pre-admission investigations/treatment papers, discharge summary from the hospital, cash receipts from hospital/chemists, cash receipts/reports for tests done, receipts from doctors/surgeons/anaesthetist and certificate from the attending doctor regarding the diagnosis.
Q: What happens to this insurance when an economically dependent child turns 25?
In such a scenario, a separate insurance policy must be taken.
Star Health Insurance
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd., started operations in 2006. As an exclusive health insurance provider, it is admired across India for setting international benchmarks in service and personal caring.
- Registered Office: No 1, New Tank Street, Valluvarkottam High Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600034.
- IRDAI Registration No: 129 | CIN :U66010TN2005PLC056649 | Ph: 044-28288800 | Fax: 044-28260062 |Info@Starhealth.In l www.starhealth.in.
Disclaimer:The information shared is only indicative. Please go through the actual policy wordings for details on risk factors, terms and conditions Or visit www.starhealth.in before finalising the purchase.