Two-wheeler policies from Shriram General safeguard you against various financial losses arising due to unforeseen accidental damages to your bike or scooter and third-party liabilities.
- Cashless Claims.
- Long-term Covers.
- Multiple Add-ons.
- Hassle-free Claim Services.
- No-claim Bonus.
- Online Purchase.
Shriram two-wheeler covers from Shriram General Insurance Co. Ltd. serve customers across India through 2,000+ network garages, 24x7 assistance and other practical offerings.
Shriram Two-Wheeler Insurance Features & Advantages
- Third-party liability, comprehensive and own-damage covers.
- Option to choose a long term policy.
- Own-damage cover for protection against fire, thefts and accidents.
- Takes care of financial losses due to stolen two-wheelers and during transit.
- Addresses physical hurt to individuals and liabilities to third-parties when their property gets damaged due to your bike/scooter/auto-cycle accidents.
- Compensates losses occurring because of natural calamities such as storms, cyclones, typhoons, earthquakes, hailstorms, inundation or lighting and human-made incidents like riots or terrorist attacks.
- Personal accident cover.
- NCB transfer.
Shriram Bike Insurance Policies & Variants
- Third-Party Liability Insurance: Legally-mandatory as per the Motor Vehicles Act.
- Also called party-liability-only low-premium insurance.
- Protects you against damages, bodily harms, injuries or death of third parties because of accidents involving your bike or scooter.
- Includes others driving the two-wheeler with policyholder's consent and a personal accident cover for driver/owner directly connected with the bike or scooter.
- Comprehensive Cover: Takes care of all the legal liabilities arising out of bodily injuries to and/or property damages of third parties due to accidents involving your ride.
- Covers accidental losses/damages to your bike or scooter caused by fire/explosion, self-ignition/lightning, burglaries, thefts, riots, strikes, earthquakes (fire/shock damages), floods, storms, hurricanes, typhoons, tempest, inundation, hailstorms, frost, cyclones, malicious/terrorist activities, whilst in transit by road/rail, inland waterways, lifts/elevators/air, landslides and rockslides.
- Carries a personal accident cover and optional add-ons.
- Own Damage Cover: Does not take care of third-party liabilities. The standalone cover can only be purchased once you have long-term third-party insurance.
- Protects from damages to two-wheelers due to accidents, human-made reasons, thefts and natural calamities.
Shriram 2-wheeler Insurance Add-Ons
- Zero-Depreciation: Depreciation does not get calculated while claim-settlement and the entire due claim amount is compensated.
Shriram General Insurance Two-wheeler Policy Exclusions
- Wear/tear and ageing of the two-wheeler.
- Consequential losses.
- Mechanical/electrical breakdowns.
- Two-wheeler being used otherwise than in accordance with stated-limitations.
- Claims outside the geographical area specified in the insurance policy.
- Driven under the influence of drugs/liquor.
- Damages/losses due to wars, mutinies or nuclear risks.
Shriram General Insurance 2-Wheeler Premium
The premium for your Shriram bike insurance policy is based on factors such as the make/model, city, registration date, add-ons and the use of electrical or non-electrical accessories.
Shriram Two-Wheeler Insurance Renewal & Application
One can apply for a new two-wheeler policy or prefer Shriram two-wheeler insurance renewal online by viewing and comparing quotes through premier insurance comparison platforms such as Quickinsure.co.in.
Shriram Two-wheeler Insurance Review
Shriram General two-wheeler policies are the products of a joint venture between India's Shriram Capital Ltd. and South Africa's Sanlam Ltd.
A winner of the "Best General Insurance Company of The Year 2019" and "Amiable Insurer in the Non-Life Insurance 2018" awards, Shriram General is a preferred insurance partner of the IRCTC and a highly sought-after name for the affordable yet inclusive bike or scooter insurance covers.
Shriram Two-Wheeler Insurance Policies FAQs
Q1. Am I allowed to take insurance from two separate companies for the same bike at the same time?
No, you can only have one policy for your two-wheeler at any given time.
Q2. What is the basic documentation required for buying a Shriram General two-wheeler policy?
RC (Registration certificate) for a new bike or scooter, and an invoice copy in the absence of RC. RC or/and previous year insurance copies for old two-wheelers.
Q3. Can the Shriram bike insurance premium be paid in monthly or weekly installments?
No, the full premium must be paid in advance.
Q4. What is the average claim-settlement time for Shriram General two-wheeler insurance?
The claim could be processed within seven working days after receiving relevant documents, original repair invoice, satisfaction/discharge voucher and NEFT details.
Q5. What's the Shriram bike insurance claim intimation-procedure?
You may call toll-free numbers 1800-300-30000, 1800-103-3009, visit the official website or download the MySGI mobile App.
Disclaimer: The information shared is purely indicative. Please refer to the policy wordings for the most up-to-date and precise details.