The Star Health Red Carpet insurance is an exceptionally designed healthcare policy for seniors above the age of 60 and provides a variety of advantages for the elderly.
Star Health Senior Citizens Red Carpet Policy Details
- Star Health insurance policy for senior citizens is available for 1, 2 and 3 years.
- Individual + Floater basis.
- Eligibility: 60 to 75 years old individuals at the time of entry.
- Sum-insured options on an individual basis: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 lakh rupees.
- On a floater basis: 10, 15, 20 and 25 lakh rupees.
- Initial waiting period for hospitalisation: 30 days (excluding accidental hospitalisation).
- Pre-existing diseases/illnesses are covered after 12 months of continuous coverage and specified illnesses after 24 months.
- No pre-acceptance screening is required.
- Constant premium with lifelong renewal facility.
- 15 days of Free-look period.
Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Plan’s Major Benefits
- Cashless hospitalisation.
- 9,900+ strong network of hospitals across India.
- Covers pre-hospitalisation expenses for up to 30 days.
- Post-hospitalisation - equivalent to 7% of hospitalisation expenses.
- Takes care of in-patient hospitalisation expenses for a minimum of 24 hrs, including room/nursing/boarding charges, Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultant and Specialist's Fees, oxygen/blood/operation theatre/diagnostics/imaging modalities and costs of medicines or drugs.
- Ambulance charges for emergency transportation to the hospital as per specified limits.
- Daycare procedures.
- Expenses on out-patient consultations in network hospitals.
- Costs of health check-up for each claim-free year up to the limits specified.
- Co-payment for sum-insured between 1 to 10 lakh rupees- 50% of every admissible claim arising out of pre-existing diseases and 30% of each claim for all other claims. For sum-insured between 15 to 25 lakh rupees- 30% of each admissible claim.
- Direct in-house, fast and hassle-free claim settlement without any third-party administrator.
- 30 days grace period for renewal after the date of expiry of your policy.
- 10% discount is allowed if medical records such as a Stress Thallium Report, BP Report, Sugar (blood & urine) (Fasting / Postprandial), Blood urea and creatinine reports are submitted.
- Tax benefit and relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act when Star Health Insurance premium for senior citizen is paid by any mode other than cash.
Star Health Senior Citizens Plan Exclusions
- Expenses on Circumcision, Frenuloplasty, Preputioplasty, Preputial Dilatation or Removal of SMEGMA.
- Congenital External Condition, Defects or Anomalies.
- Convalescence and General Debility.
- Run-down Condition/Rest Cure.
- The Nutritional Deficiency States.
- Intentional Self Injuries.
- Use of Intoxicating Substances/Substance Abuse.
- Use of Drugs/Alcohol.
- Smoking/Tobacco Chewing.
- Venereal/Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Injuries/Diseases directly/indirectly caused by/arising from/attributable to war, invasion or act of foreign enemy/warlike operations.
- Injuries/diseasesdirectly/indirectly caused by/contributed to by nuclear weapons or materials.
- Expenses on weight control services (including surgical procedures).
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound, Uterine Fibroid Embolisation, Balloon Sinoplasty, Enhanced External Counter Pulsation Therapy and related therapies.
- Chelation Therapy, Deep Brain Stimulation, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Rotational Field Quantum Magnetic Resonance Therapy, VAX-D, Low-level laser Therapy, Photodynamic Therapy and other therapies similar to those mentioned under this exclusion.
- Expenses on Lasik Laser/Refractive Error Correction and its complications, all treatments for disorders of eye requiring intravitreal injections.
- Cochlear implants and procedure-related hospitalisation.
- Cost of spectacles/contact lens, hearing aids, Cochlear implants, walkers/crutches/wheelchairs, CPAP, BIPAP, Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis, infusion pump and other similar aids.
- Charges incurred on diagnostics not consistent with the treatment for which the insured person is admitted in the hospital or nursing home.
- Admission primarily for diagnostic purposes with no positive existence of sickness, disease, ailment or injury and no further treatment is indicated.
- Unconventional/Unproven or Experimental Therapies.
- Hospital registration/admission/telephone/other charges.
- Hospitalisations not medically necessary/does not warrant hospitalisation.
Claims Procedure, Insurance Portability& Cancellation
- 24-hour help-line: 1800-425-2255 Or 1800-102-4477.
- Mention the Senior Citizen Red Carpet policy IDnumber for easy reference.
- Planned hospitalisation- Please inform 24 hours before admission.
- Emergency hospitalisation. The information must be shared within 24 hours.
- Cashless facility is available in all network hospitals, wherever possible.
- Payments made up-front in non-network hospitals are reimbursed after the submission of documents.
- The insured can port the policy by submitting an appropriate application form to the insurance company at least 45 days before, no earlier than 60 days from the renewal date.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org reach out to +91-044-28288869.
- The Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance policy can be cancelled by the insurance company on the grounds of misrepresentation/fraud, moral hazard or non-disclosure of material facts (as stated in the proposal/claim form) at the time of claim and non-co-operation of the insured individual by serving a 30-days notice at his/her last known address.
- A policyholder can also cancel it at any time, and the company allows refund after retaining premium at a short Period-rate, provided no claim has occurred up to the cancellation date.
Star Health Insuarnce Red Carpet: FAQs
Q: Can I avail the cashless facility at any hospital in the country?
No, it can only be availed in networked hospitals.
Q: How much ICU charges/day are covered by the Star Health Red Carpet plan for sum-insured options between 1 and 10 lakh rupees?
Up to 2% of the sum-insured.
Q: Is there an amount limit on medical consultations as an out-patient incurred in a network hospital?
Yes, 200 rupees/consultation.
Q: Will I be informed in advance in case the insurance company modifies Senior Citizen Red carpet policy's terms, conditions or premium with the prior approval of the competent authority?
Yes, you will be intimated three months in advance.
Star Health Insurance
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd., started operations in 2006. As an exclusive health insurance provider, it is admired across India for setting international benchmarks in service and personal caring.
- Registered Office: No 1, New Tank Street, Valluvarkottam High Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600034.
- IRDAI Registration No: 129 | CIN :U66010TN2005PLC056649 | Ph: 044-28288800 | Fax: 044-28260062 |Info@Starhealth.In l www.starhealth.in.
Disclaimer:The information shared is only indicative. Please go through the actual Star Health Senior Citizen policy wordings for details on risk factors, terms and conditions Or visit www.starhealth.in before finalising the purchase.