Cholamandalam medical insurance focuses on your and your family members' recovery while safeguarding your financial well-being during healthcare emergencies. Its customised plans provide adequate coverage for expenses incurred on treatments of various diseases, ailments, surgeries and hospitalisation.
- Over 90,000 policies already issued.
- Waiting period for pre-existing diseases: 4.
- Incurred claims ratio: 72.54%.
- Grievances solved: 99.55%.
- Lifetime renewability.
Cholamandalam health policy serves millions across the country through its 8,000+ strong cashless hospital network and 24x7 claim assistance services.
Features & Advantages: Chola Health Insurance
- Cashless hospitalisation.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered after 4 years.
- Takes care of your pre and post hospitalisation expenses.
- Includes room rent and domiciliary hospitalisation.
- Free health checkups for 2 claim-free years.
- Some plans provide double coverage for accidents and critical illnesses, and others cover 20 major critical illnesses.
- Can opt for voluntary deductibles and reduce the premium amount.
- Easy claim-settlement.
Cholamandalam Health Insurance Plans
1] Chola Healthline
- A comprehensive health insurance policy.
- Provides coverage for families on individual and floater sum insured basis.
- Covers you, your spouse and dependent children (on a floater sum insured basis).
- An individual cover can include your parents, parents-in-law and siblings.
- Available with four different plans: Value Healthline, Freedom Healthline, Enrich Healthline and Privilege Healthline.
- Multiple sum insured options: 2 to 25 lakh rupees.
- Coverage for 24 hours inpatient hospitalisation, related medical expenses up to 30/60 days before the date of admission and up to 60/90 days from date of discharge.
- 141 listed daycare procedures requiring hospitalisation (less than 24 hours).
- Domiciliary hospitalisation.
- AYUSH coverage.
- Donor expenses for organ transplantation.
- Ambulance expenses.
- Maternity expenses (under a specific plan).
- Additional benefits take care of child hospitalisation allowance, outpatient dental/specs/contact lens/hearing aids and extended hospitalisation allowance.
- Double sum insured for accidents/critical illnesses.
- Specialist opinion for critical illnesses.
- Renewal Benefits: Health checkup and cumulative bonus.
- Discount for long term policy purchase: 6% (2-year policy) and 12% (3-year).
2] Critical Healthline
- A fixed benefit policy for listed critical illnesses.
- First time purchase: Age up to 65 years.
- Covers you, your spouse (Age: 18 to 65) and up to three dependent children (Age: 5 to 65).
- Available with two different plans: Standard Plan and Advanced Plan.
- Standard Plan covers 10 critical illnesses: Cancer of Specified Severity, Stroke resulting in permanent symptoms, Myocardial Infarction, Open Chest CABG, Kidney Failure requiring regular dialysis, Multiple Sclerosis with persisting symptoms, Major Organ/Bone Marrow transplant, Permanent Paralysis of limbs, Surgery to Aorta and Primary Pulmonary Hypertension.
- The Advanced Plan takes care of 12 listed critical illnesses and ambulance charges of up to 1,000 rupees: Cancer of Specified Severity, Stroke resulting in permanent symptoms, Myocardial Infarction, Open Chest CABG, Kidney Failure requiring regular dialysis, Multiple Sclerosis with persisting symptoms, Major Organ or Bone Marrow Transplant, Permanent Paralysis of limbs, Surgery to Aorta, Primary Pulmonary Hypertension, Parkinson's Disease and Motor Neuron disease with permanent symptoms.
- Provides you with a lump sum amount if diagnosed with any of the listed illnesses without any hospitalisation.
- Flexible sum insured options: 3 to 5 lakh rupees.
- Waiting period: 90 days.
- No proof of expenses or hospitalisation is required for claims.
- Differential rates for men and women.
- No medical checkups up to the age of 55.
3] Super Topup Insurance
- An aggregate top-up plan for additional protection at an affordable cost.
- Provides coverage for your higher medical expenses on a floating or individual sum insured basis.
- Covers your extended family under an individual policy.
- Available with two different plans: Premier Plan and Supreme Plan.
- Sum insured options: 3 to 5 lakh rupees.
- Pre-hospitalisation expenses up to 60 days before admission (Supreme Plan). Post-hospitalisation: Up to 90 days from date of discharge.
- Covers inpatient hospitalisation charges, Room/Boarding, ICU Charges, Doctor’s Fees, Nursing Charges, Surgery, Anaesthesia, Oxygen, Organ Donor Expenses and Emergency Ambulance.
- Takes care of hospitalisation (less than 24 hours, 141 daycare procedures) and Domiciliary Hospitalisation Expenses.
- Inpatient hospitalisation for AYUSH Treatments.
- Family discounts on individual policy (more than two family members): 5 to 10%.
- Tenure discount (choosing long-term policy): 6 to 12%.
- No medical checkups up to the age of 55.
- No maximum cover-ceasing age for children.
4] Hospital Cash Insurance
- Entry age: 18 to 65 years (Self, your spouse, parents and parents in law), 03 months to 26 years (unmarried female children less than 36 years old) and 5 to 65 years (siblings).
- Available with six different plans: Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, Plan D, Plan E and Plan F.
- Get fixed daily allowance for each completed 24 hours of hospitalisation to take care of miscellaneous expenses: 1,000 to 3,000 rupees/day.
- Hospitalisation in the ICU: The daily cash benefit is doubled for the duration: 2,000 to 6,000 rupees/day.
- Receive a lump-sum convalescence benefit when the hospitalisation exceeds consecutive 20 days: 10,000 to 20,000 rupees.
- Family discount: 5% (covering 2 members) and 10% (covering more than 2 members).
- Pre-policy medical checkups above the age of 55.
General Exclusions of Chola MS Health Insurance
- An initial waiting period of 30 days for all illnesses (not applicable to renewal/accidents).
- Expenses on the treatment of following diseases within the first 2 years: Congenital Internal Anomaly, Varicose veins/Varicose Ulcers, Rheumatism/Arthritis of any kind, Treatment of diseases on ears, tonsils, adenoids, paranasal sinuses, Deviated Nasal Septum, Stones in the Urinary/Biliary systems, Gastric/Duodenal Ulcer, Benign Cyst/Nodules/Polpys/Tumours/Breast Lumps, Intervertebral Disc Prolapse, Degenerative Disc/Vertebral Disorders, Cataract, Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy, Myomectomy, Hysterectomy, Anal Fistula, Fissure/Piles, Hernia, Hydrocele, Chronic Renal failure and Joint replacement surgery.
- Critical illnesses arising due to pre-existing diseases or diagnosed within the first 90 days.
- Vaccination/inoculation (unless forming a part of post-animal bite treatment).
- Congenital anomalies, illnesses, diseases and conditionsthat are external.
- HIV/AIDS/related conditions.
- Weight control programs, unproven or experimental treatments.
- Intentional self-injury/attempted suicide (sane or insane).
- Use/misuse of intoxicating drugs/alcohol.
- The insured individual committing or attempting to commit a breach of law with criminal intent.
- War, any act of war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities, civil war, revolution, insurrection, mutiny and martial law.
Note: Please refer to detailed insurance product brochures for policy/plans-specific exclusions.
Cholamandalam Health Insurance Premium
Cholamandalam medical insurance premiumis based on factors such as your age, medical history, lifestyle habits, the sum insured and type of cover you choose.
One can compare policies and plans by visiting Chola MS General Insurance’s official website. Alternatively, you may use established online insurance comparison portals such as www.Quickinsure.com to explore quotations, simplify and speed up the process of buying medical insurance.
Cholamandalam Health Insurance Renewal Online & Purchase
One can apply for/renew health insurance policy by viewing and comparing quotes online through insurance comparison platforms such as www.Quickinsure.com.
Cholamandalam Health Insurance Review
Cholamandalam health insurance is a part of Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd, a joint venture between the Murugappa Group, an Indian conglomerate, and the Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Group, a Japanese company. It offers a broad spectrum of comprehensive medical insurance policies with multiple features and benefits. User-friendly procedures, affordable rates and high levels of customer satisfaction make it the go-to choice for many across India.
Cholamandalam Medical Insurance: FAQs
Q: Is it compulsory to have health insurance in India?
No, it is not. However, it is always advisable.
Q: What is the maximum number of insurance claims allowed every year?
Any number (unless a specific cap is mentioned in your policy).
Q: What is the difference between Chola MS Critical Healthline policy and a Mediclaim policy?
The Critical Illness policy covers specific illnesses, and it can be taken as an add-on to your existing Mediclaim policy. It is offered to policyholders when they are diagnosed with one of the listed critical illnesses.
Q: What is Chola's claim-settlement process?
Cashless (planned admission): Approach the hospital 48 hours in advance and provide policy details/e-cards with the photo ID card. The hospital then validates your claim and sends a pre-authorisation request to Chola MS. Chola MS reviews, confirms and approves the claim as per policy terms/conditions. Chola MS settles the claims with the hospital.
Cashless (emergency admission): Contact a network hospital within 48 hours of hospitalisation with policy details/e-cards and the photo ID card. The hospital will validate your claim and send a pre-authorisation request to Chola MS. Chola MS reviews, confirms and approves the claim as per policy terms. Chola MS settles the claims with the hospital.
Reimbursement of claims: In case of hospitalisation, notify Chola within 48 hours. Pay directly to the hospital, submit the claim with relevant documents and claim form. Chola MS reviews, confirms and approves the claim as per policy terms. It settles the claim with the insured.
The 24x7 Customer Helpline number: 1800-208-5544.
Disclaimer: The information shared is purely indicative. Please refer to the policy wordings for most up-to-date and precise details.