New India car insurance policy, through its all-round plans, protects your car against unfortunate accidents, own damage, third party liabilities and also provides additional covers.
- Instant policy purchase or renewal online.
- Incurred claim ratio: Over 91%.
- Quick, hassle-free claim settlement.
New India car insurance from New India Assurance Company Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Government of Indian, serves millions with the help of its effortless cashless garage facilities across the country and 24x7 customer support.
Features & Advantages: New India Motor Insurance
- Covers the car owner's legal liability to pay compensation for death/bodily injury to a third party or damage to third party property.
- In addition to the basic coverage, you also get protection against losses/damages to the insured car and its accessories.
- Exclusive add-on covers such as nil-depreciation and no-claim bonus protection.
- Third-party coverage: Up to 7.5 lakh rupees.
- Compulsory personal accident cover of 15 lakh rupees and optional covers for co-passengers.
- A government-owned trusted insurer.
New India Assurance Car Policy
- Liability-only Policy: Covers third party liability for bodily injury and/or death and property damage. Also includes a 'Personal Accident cover' for owner-driver. Unlimited amount liability coverage in case of death or injury and up to 7.5 lakh rupees in case of damage to third party property.
- Package Policy: In addition to the liability-only policy coverage, it covers losses/damages to the insured car and its accessories due to fire, explosion, self-ignition, lightning, burglary, housebreaking, theft, riot, strike, malicious/terrorist acts, earthquake damage (fire, shock), flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone and hailstorm, accidental external means, while in transit by road, inland, waterway, lift, elevator, air, landslide and rockslide.
It also pays for towing charges from the place of accident to the workshop (maximum limit of 1,500 rupees for cars).
New India Car Insurance Online: Some Add-On Covers
- Personal accident cover under private car policies for passengers and paid driver.
- Legal liability to employees.
- Losses or damages to accessories fitted in your car (stereos, air-conditioners).
- Content Protection: Covers the cost of loss/damage to your personal belongings kept in the insured car at the time of theft, burglary, accident or other perils mentioned in the own-damage section of policy wordings.
- Engine Protect: Protection for your engine against damages caused due to accidents.
- Zero Depreciation Cover: Get complete coverage without considering any devaluation of your car due to wear-tear of its parts.
- Towing Charges Cover: Allows you to get reimbursement of towing charges of up to 10,000 rupees (only for up to 7 years old cars).
Some Exclusions of New India Assurance Four Wheeler Insurance
- Wear-tear and breakdowns.
- Consequential losses.
- Losses while driving with invalid driving license/under the influence of alcohol.
- Losses due to war/civil war.
- Claims arising out of contractual liabilities.
- Use of car otherwise than in accordance with limitations as stated in the policy.
New India Assurance Motor Policy: Discounts
- Voluntary Discounts: Offered when you choose to pay the minimum amount at the time of claim.
- No-claim Discount of 20% on the second year's premium if zero claims are made throughout the year. Up to 50% for consecutive claims-free years.
- A Discount for Installing approved anti-theft devices in your car.
- Other Discounts for holding a membership with recognised automobile associations in India.
New India Assurance Third-party Car Insurance Price/Premium
- Car insurance premium for new cars is based on the age of the car, personal or commercial use, fuel type, IDV, cubic capacity, car’s registration area, accumulated no claim bonus (if any), owner-driver’s details and voluntary deductibles.
- The premium for old cars is based on current policy details, claim history and previous owner’s details (if any).
- Some of the common ways to save on premium include knowing the IDV (a lower IDV often leads to a lower premium), claiming the no-claim bonus and increasing the voluntary deductible (the higher your voluntary deductible, the lesser will be the premium).
- Car owners or prospective buyers can choose the right insurance by exploring all available policies and plans through online insurance comparison portals such as www.Quickinsure.com. Such user-friendly platforms, with the help of few clicks, help you make informed choices, compare quotations, premium amount, simplify and speed up the process of buying suitable car insurance.
New India Assurance Car Insurance Renewal Online & Application
One can apply for/renew a car insurance policy by viewing and comparing quotes online through insurance comparison services such as quickinsure.co.in.
New India Assurance Car Insurance Review
The government-backed New India Assurance car insurance policy provides comprehensive protection for your car, reliable financial security, unparalleled surety of claim settlement and valuable peace of mind.
New India Assurance Car Insurance: FAQs
Q: What is IDV?
Insured Declared Value (IDV) or the maximum sum assured amount that the insurer would compensate for the claim. It changes every year after adjusting the depreciation and is used during your premium calculation.
Q: What is the scope of coverage in a New India car insurance policy?
New India car insurance protects you against any loss/damage to your private car and its accessories during a fire, explosion, self-ignition/lightning, burglary, housebreaking/theft, riot/strike, earthquake (fire/shock damage), flood, typhoon, storm, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, accidental external means, malicious act, terrorist activities, while in transit by road, rail, inland, waterway, lift, elevator, air, landslide and rock slide.
Q: Can I purchase add-on covers without buying car insurance from New India?
Unfortunately, no. Add-on packages are sold only with car insurance policies.
Q: Can I transfer my no-claim bonus while changing the car insurance provider?
Yes, at the time of renewal, you can.
Q: What should I do if my old car insurance has already expired?
Obtain new insurance. Your car will be physically inspected by an authorized company official, representative or agency.
Q: Can I shift my car from the spot of the accident?
Yes, you can shift your car to the garage, however, if it is in immovable condition or there is a leakage of engine oil/coolant, then you must not try to start your car.
Q: How can I register my car insurance claim?
In case of accidental damage-Get a claim form by immediately contacting the nearest office, and submit the duly filled form along with a copy of the 'Registration Certificate' and the driving license of the driver of the car at the time of the accident.
In case of theft of the car- Lodge an FIR, inform the policy issuing office with a copy of the FIR and then submit the final 'Police Report' as soon as it is received.
In case of a liability claim- Inform the insurance company immediately, send a court summons to the insurer and submit a duly filled claim form with copies of the 'Registration Certificate', 'Diving License' and FIR.
Toll-free number: 1800-209-1415.
Disclaimer: The information shared is purely indicative. Please refer to the policy wordings for the most up-to-date and precise details.