ProHealth Protect is one of the ProHealth insurance plans from ManipalCigna. It is appropriate for singles or young couples and offers comprehensive coverage for securing their present and future.
ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Details
- Individual and family-floater covers.
- Policy period: 1, 2 and 3 years.
- Eligibility: 91 days (Children) & 18 years (Adults). No maximum entry age; however, up to 23 years old children can be covered under the family floater plan.
- Takes care of yourself, your spouse, dependent children/parents, in-laws, brothers, sisters and more.
- Hospitalisation cover: Sum-insured options: 2.5 to 50 lakh rupees.
- Pre-hospitalisation (up to 60 days) and post-hospitalisation covers (up to 90 days).
- Initial waiting period for hospitalisation: 30 days (except for accidental injuries).
- Pre-existing diseases/illnesses are covered only after 48 months of continuous coverage and specific ailments are covered after 24 months.
- Add-on to address 11 critical illnesses, on payment of additional premium.
- A medical check-up is available once every 3rd insurance policy year.
- Healthy rewards.
- An option to select a deductible according to your plan.
- Voluntary co-pay + option to remove the mandatory co-pay applicable on individuals aged 65 and above.
ManipalCigna ProHealth Protect Plan: Major Benefits
- Distribution network spread across more than 150 cities.
- Cashless facilities at 6,500+ hospitals.
- Record of settling 97% cashless approvals within 2 hours.
- Hospital daily cash benefit: Receive 1,000 rupees for each continuous and completed 24 hours of hospitalisation, up to 30 days.
- Includes 546 daycare treatments, covered up to full sum-insured.
- Ambulance expenses, up to 2,000 rupees/event.
- Cumulative bonus: 5% guaranteed and maximum can be 200% of the sum-insured.
- Unlimited restorations with 100% additional sum-insured for unrelated illnesses/injuries.
- Outpatients expenses cover with health maintenance benefits, up to 500 rupees.
- Worldwide emergency cover, up to the full sum-insured.
- Donor expenses covered, up to the full sum-insured.
- In-patient hospitalisation for AYUSH cover.
- Treatment at home covered up to the sum-insured.
- Expert opinions on critical illnesses.
- Preventive health-benefits, medical check-ups and wellness programs.
- Worldwide protection, up to the full sum-insured in case of emergencies.
- 25% discount for covering two and more family members under the same insurance policy and the individual policy option.
- Guaranteed inflation protection through a cumulative bonus booster option, up to 200%.
- Healthy Reward points, up to 20% of the premium, enable you to redeem them as Health Maintenance Benefit (HMB) or utilize towards renewal premium payment.
- Track record of servicing over 4 lakh claims.
- 30-day grace period for renewal with all continuation benefits.
- Free-look period of 15 days.
- Tax benefits under Sec 80D, Income Tax Act 1961 (as amended).
- Lifetime renewals.
ManipalCigna ProHealth Plan: Some General Exclusions
- Dental treatments.
- Circumcision, Sterility and Infertility.
- Routine medical check-ups or Diagnostic tests.
- Cosmetic surgeries, except the reconstructive surgery for burns/accidents.
- Non-allopathic treatments, unless specifically covered under the insurance.
- Expenses related to unproven treatments.
- Aliments arising out of alcohol/drug abuse.
- Non-medical expenses (Listed by the IRDA).
- An amount that falls under the deductible/co-pay.
- Breach of law.
Cigna TTK ProHealth Insurance Claims, Portability & Cancellation
- Claim intimation: Must call the toll-free 1800-419-1159 or write to email@example.com the event of planned/emergency hospitalisation.
- The following details should be provided:
- Health insurance policy number.
- Name of the policyholder or patient.
- Name of the insured in whose relation the claim is being lodged.
- Nature of illness/injury.
- Name, address of the attending medical practitioner and hospital.
- Date of admission and any other relevant information as requested by the insurance company.
- Portability: Approach the new health insurance provider 60 days before the existing health insurance expires, fill a proposal form for portability, furnish details/copies of your previous year policy and apply to port it from the current provider to the new one.
- Cancellation: The policyholder may place a request for cancellation, and the premium could be refunded on a short period basis.
ManipalCigna ProHealth Protect/Cigna TTK ProHealth Protect: FAQs
Q: What is the primary difference between ManipalCigna ProHealth Protect and other ProHealth insurance plans from ManipalCigna?
The ManipalCigna ProHealth Protect is one of the two plans more suitable for young singles or couples. On the other hand, plans such as ProHealth Plus, ProHealth Preferred and ProHealth Premier are best fits for those planning families or with families and kids.
Q: Does the ProHealth Protect insurance plan cover new-born baby expenses?
No, you may opt for a ProHealth Plus, ProHealth Preferred or ProHealth Premier plan as all of them cover new-born expenses with maternity expenses.
Q: How is the premium calculated?
Your premium depends on the insurance plan you choose, sum-insured, policy-tenure, age/gender, the zone of cover and optional covers/add-on benefits selected.
Q: Are there any long-term discounts based on the policy period?
Yes, 7.5% on opting a policy for two years and 10% for a 3-year single policy term.
ManipalCigna ProHealth Protect Review
ManipalCigna ProHealth Protect from ManipalCigna Health Insurance, earlier called as Cigna TTK Health Insurance, is a popular plan from this joint venture betweenManipal Group and Cigna Corporation. With over 50,000 happy customers, 621+ crore worth of claims settled and its ProHealth insurance rated as "Product of the Year 2019", it is now seen as the go-to choice for those looking for a trusted health insurance provider.
- Registered Office: 401/402, Raheja Titanium, Western Express Highway, Goregaon(East), Mumbai: 400 063.
- IRDAI Registration No:151 l CIN: U66000MH2012PLC227948firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer:The information shared is only indicative. Please go through the actualManipalCigna ProHealth Protect insurance policywordings for details on risk factors, terms and conditions Orexplorewww.manipalcigna.combefore finalising the purchase.