ProHealth Plus is one of the ProHealth insurance plans from ManipalCigna. It is appropriate for couples who have or are planning kids and offers comprehensive coverage for securing their family path.
Cigna TTK ProHealth Plus Insurance Details
- Individual and family-floater covers.
- Policy period: 1, 2 and 3 years.
- Eligibility: 91 days (Children) & 18 years (Adults). No maximum entry age; however, up to 23 years old children can be covered under the family floater plan.
- Takes care of yourself, your spouse, dependent children/parents, in-laws, brothers, sisters and more.
- Hospitalisation cover: Sum-insured options: 4.5 to 50 lakh rupees.
- Pre-hospitalisation (up to 60 days) and post-hospitalisation covers (up to 180 days).
- Initial waiting period for hospitalisation: 30 days (except for accidental injuries).
- Pre-existing diseases/illnesses are covered only after 36 months of continuous coverage, and specific ailments are covered after 24 months.
- Option to reduce the maternity waiting period from 48 to 24 months by paying an additional premium.
- Add-on to address 11 critical illnesses, on payment of additional premium.
- An option to select a deductible according to your plan.
- Voluntary co-pay + option to remove the mandatory co-pay applicable on individuals aged 65 and above.
ManipalCigna ProHealth Plus Plan: Major Benefits
- Distribution network spread across more than 150 cities.
- Cashless facilities at 6,500+ hospitals.
- Record of settling 97% cashless approvals within 2 hours.
- Choose any hospital room category, except a Suite or higher.
- Hospital daily cash benefit: Receive 2,000 rupees for each continuous and completed 24 hours of hospitalisation, up to 30 days.
- Maternity, new-born expenses covered, up to 15,000 rupees for normal and 25,000 rupees for C-section/event, max 2 events.
- Vaccination expenses coverage.
- Includes 546 daycare treatments, covered up to full sum-insured.
- Ambulance expenses, up to 3,000 rupees/event.
- Cumulative bonus: 10% guaranteed and maximum can be 200% of the sum-insured.
- Unlimited restorations with 100% additional sum-insured for unrelated illnesses/injuries.
- Outpatients expenses cover with health maintenance benefits, up to 2,000 rupees.
- Donor expenses covered, up to the full sum-insured.
- In-patient hospitalisation for AYUSH cover.
- Treatment at home covered up to the sum-insured.
- Expert opinions on critical illnesses.
- A medical check-up is available each policy year (excluding the first year).
- Worldwide protection, up to the full sum-insured in case of emergencies.
- Healthy Reward points, up to 20% of the premium, enable you to redeem them as Health Maintenance Benefit (HMB) or utilise towards renewal premium payment.
- Reduce premium with a deductible, up to 10 lakh rupees, with comprehensive benefits to top-up the existing protection.
- 25% discount for covering two and more family members under the same insurance policy and the individual policy option.
- Track record of servicing over 4 lakh claims.
- 30-day grace period for renewal with all continuation benefits.
- Free-look period of 15 days.
- Tax benefits under Sec 80D, Income Tax Act 1961 (as amended).
- Lifetime renewals.
p style="margin-left:0cm; margin-right:0cm; text-align:center">ManipalCigna ProHealth Plus Plan: Some General Exclusions
- Dental treatments.
- Circumcision, Sterility and Infertility.
- Routine medical check-ups or Diagnostic tests.
- Cosmetic surgeries, except the reconstructive surgery for burns/accidents.
- Non-allopathic treatments, unless specifically covered under the insurance.
- Expenses related to unproven treatments.
- Aliments arising out of alcohol/drug abuse.
- Non-medical expenses (Listed by the IRDA).
- An amount that falls under the deductible/co-pay.
- Breach of law.
Cigna ProHealth Plus Insurance Claims,Portability & Cancellation
- Claim intimation: Must call the toll-free 1800-419-1159 or write to email@example.com the event of planned/emergency hospitalisation.
- The following details should be provided:
- Health insurance policy number.
- Name of the policyholder or patient.
- Name of the insured in whose relation the claim is being lodged.
- Nature of illness/injury.
- Name, address of the attending medical practitioner and hospital.
- Date of admission and any other relevant information as requested by the insurance company.
- Portability: Approach the new health insurance provider 60 days before the existing health insurance expires, fill a proposal form for portability, furnish details/copies of your previous year policy and apply to port it from the current provider to the new one.
- Cancellation: The policyholder may place a request for cancellation, and the premium could be refunded on a short period basis.
Cigna TTK Health Insurance ProHealth Plus/ProHealth Plus Cigna TTK: FAQs
Q: What are some of the prominent differences between ManipalCigna ProHealth Protect and ProHealth Plus plans?
Unlike the ProHealth Protect plan, ProHealth Plus provides health check-up facilities for all insured aged 18 and above every policy year (excluding the first) and not once every three years. The minimum sum-insured goes up from 2.5 to 4.5 lakh rupees, hospital daily cash benefit doubles, maternity and new-born expenses are also taken care of.
Q: Is there a specific waiting period for Critical illness add-on, if opted?
Yes, it is 90 days and a 30-days survival period is also applicable.
Q: Is the allotment of a high-end hospital room dependent on my sum-insured?
No, you will get access to the high-end hospital rooms (except Suite or higher), irrespective of the sum-insured amount.
Q: What's the difference between ambulance expenses covered under ProHealth Protect and ProHealth Plus plans?
The amount. ProHealth Protect pays for ambulance expenses only up to 2,000 rupees/event. In the case of ProHealth Plus, it goes up to 3,000 rupees/event.
Manipal Cigna ProHealth Plus Review
ManipalCignaProHealth Plus from ManipalCigna Health Insurance, earlier called as Cigna TTK Health Insurance, is a popular plan from this joint venture betweenManipal Group and Cigna Corporation. With over 50,000 happy customers, 621+ crore worth of claims settled and its ProHealth insurance rated as "Product of the Year 2019", it is now seen as the go-to choice for those looking for a trusted health insurance provider.
- Registered Office: 401/402, Raheja Titanium, Western Express Highway, Goregaon(East), Mumbai: 400 063.
- IRDAI Registration No:151 l CIN: U66000MH2012PLC227948firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer:The information shared is only indicative. Please go through the actualManipalCigna ProHealth Plus insurance policywordings for details on risk factors, terms and conditions Orexplorewww.manipalcigna.combefore finalising the purchase.