Religare Care Heart from Care Health Insurance Limited, formerly known as Religare Health Insurance, is a specialised policy covering pre-existing heart ailments.
Care Heart Religare Insurance: Details
- Religare Care Heart health insurance takes care of pre-existing heart illnesses.
- The minimum entry age is 18 years, and children below 18 are not allowed.
- Policy tenure: 1,2 and 3 years.
- Individual cover (max 6 persons) and Floater cover (2 adults- self and spouse).
- Sum-insured options ranging from 3 to 10 lakh rupees.
- Initial waiting period for hospitalisation: 30 days (except for accidental injuries).
- Pre-existing diseases/illnesses are covered only after 24 months of continuous coverage.
- The waiting period for named ailments is 24 months.
- Add-on covers.
- Lifelong renewal facility.
Religare Heart Care Policy: Major Benefits
- 11,000+ strong network of hospitals across the globe.
- Cashless hospitalisation and reimbursement facility.
- Pays for pre-hospitalisation expenses for up to 30 days and post-hospitalisation up to 60 days.
- In-patient hospitalisations for at least 24 hours: Covers room charges, nursing expenses, ICU charges, surgeons/doctors' fee, anaesthesia, blood, oxygen and OT charges.
- Daycare treatments.
- Takes care of alternative treatments- up to 25% of the sum-insured.
- Ambulance cover: 2,000-3,000 rupees/hospitalisation, depending on the sum-insured.
- Domiciliary hospitalisation: Up to 100% of the sum-insured after 3 days.
- Automatic Recharge.
- Sub-limits: Room rent (Up to 1% of the sum-insured/day Or a single private room) & ICU charges (Up to 2% of the sum-insured Or no limit).
- Treatment of cataract: Up to 20,000 or 30,000/eye.
- Total Knee replacement: Up to 80,000, 1 lakh or 1,20,000 rupees/knee.
- Treatment for specific ailments/procedures: Up to 50,000, 65,000, 80,000, 2 lakh, 2.5 lakh and 3 lakh rupees.
- Cardiac health check-up.
- AYUSH coverage.
- Optional covers available on payment of additional premium: Active health check-up thrice a year, OPC care, Homecare and International Second-opinion.
- No-claim bonus.
- Co-payment option: 20% / claim, if entry age<=70 years and 30% / claim, if entry age >70 years.
- 24x7 claim support.
- Over 90% insurance claim-settlement ratio.
- Tax benefit and relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Religare Heart Care Plan: General Exclusions
- Expenses attributable to self-inflicted injuries (resulting from suicide or attempted suicides).
- Arising out of, or attributable to alcohol/drug use/misuse/abuse.
- Treatments arising from/traceable to pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage, abortion and its consequences.
- Tests/treatments relating to infertility and in vitro fertilisations.
- War/riot/strike or nuclear weapons induced hospitalisations.
- Internal congenital diseases.
Care Heart Health Insurance Claims, Portability & Cancellation
- Cashless insurance: In case of emergency hospitalisation, must inform within 24 hours. If planned, should intimate the insurance company 48 hours before the hospitalisation.
- Reimbursement: In case of cashless, should complete the pre-authorisation form at the hospital's insurance/TPA desk and send it through fax. If it gets rejected, you can initiate the treatment and file for reimbursement claim.
- Insurance claim form submission: Submit your claim form with all the required documents. If rejected, you will be informed about the reason.
- Portability: To port your policy, fill up the portability form with existing health insurance details, the proposal form with details of the new insurer, submit the relevant documents and make payment.
- Religare Heart Care plan can be cancelled by the insurance company on the grounds of misrepresentation/fraud, moral hazard or non-disclosure of material facts (as stated in the proposal/claim form) at the time of claim and non-co-operation of the insured individual by serving a notice.
- A policyholder can also cancel it at any time by giving written notice, and the company allows refund after retaining premium at a short Period-rate, provided no claim has occurred up to the cancellation date.
Religare Care Heart Plan: FAQs
Q: Can you specify the conditions for which the Care Heart plan is offered?
- Individuals who have undergone first time PTCA/CABG within seven years before the commencement of the policy.
- Undergone Angiogram, however, had no medical intervention after the test.
- Those who have Corrected Artrial Septal Defect (ASD), Ventricular Septal Defect or Corrected Patent Ductus Arteriosous(PDA).
- Instances of cardiac conditions cured through RF Ablation.
Q: Is this plan suitable for patients on insulin for diabetes, paralysis or stroke?
No, it is not appropriate.
Q: Can this plan be utilized for a patient who has undergone angioplasty and a bypass surgery within seven years?
No, this policy cannot be offered.
Q: Is there a list of disorders or diseases that invites an outright rejection?
Yes, it includes the following:
- Disorders of Brain/Spinal Cord and meninges.
- Stroke/Haemorrhage/CVA,Any Paralysis of hands/legs/body (not polio), Multiple sclerosis, Parkinsonism, Alzheimer's disease, Epilepsy or Seizure disorder, Brain tumours, disorders causing spontaneous or continuous body movement or failure to maintain balance (ataxia/chorea).
- Neuromuscular disorders, disorders causing muscle/nerve cell wasting/loss of movement /abnormal movement, Motor neurone diseases, Muscular dystrophies, Cerebral Palsy and Psychiatric disorders.
- Chronic Lung diseases, COPD, and ILD (Interstitial lung disease).
- Chronic Liver diseases, Hepatitis B, C, Chronic Hepatitis, Cirrhosis and Liver failure.
- Chronic Kidney diseases, Diabetic and hypertensive Kidney diseases, Nephrotic and Nephritic syndrome, Kidney failure, Polycystic kidney and Pancreatitis.
- Disorders of Immunity or Autoimmune disorders, Systemic Lupus Erythematous, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis and Inflammatory Bowel disease.
- Disorders of the pituitary, Adrenal and Parathyroid glands or any disorders causing growth and mental retardation.
- Disorders of blood and Haemolytic disorders.
- AIDS/HIV positive/any sexually transmitted diseases.
Religare Cardiac Care: Review
Care Health Insurance (CHI) stands out as one of the more sought-after health insurers for individuals and corporate employees. Adjudged the "Best Health Insurance Company" at ABP News-BFSI awards and recognised for its product innovations through Finnoviti's editor's choice awards, Care Health also carries a track record of servicing more than 50 lakh customers with 23 lakhs settled-claims.
Registered Office: 5th floor, 19 Chawla House, Nehru Place, New Delhi-110019.
IRDAIRegistration:148 l CIN: U66000DL2007PLC161503 | |1800-102-4488| firstname.lastname@example.org | www.careinsurance.com l
Disclaimer:The information shared is only indicative. Please go through the actualCare Heart health insurancepolicywordings for details on risk factors, terms and conditions Orexplorewww.CareInsurance.combefore finalising the purchase.