ICICI Lombard car insurance covers your car against losses or damages due to natural and man-made calamities. It protects you against third-party legal liabilities due to accidental damages leading to permanent injuries or death of a person and damages caused to the surrounding property. It also brings personal accident coverage of 15 lakh rupees for the driver of the car while travelling, mounting or dismounting and optional covers for co-passengers.
- Instant policy issuance.
- Add-on covers and benefits for an added layer of protection.
- Insure App for instant motor claims.
- Incurred claim ratio (ICR) of over 87%.
- 1 dedicated garage for every 14 customers' claims.
ICICI Lombard car insurance from ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited serves millions across India through its 3,900+ strong cashless garage network and 24x7 customer support.
Features & Advantages: ICICI Car Insurance
- Coverage against damage/loss to your car in case of fire, explosion, self-ignition, lightning, flood, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, earthquake, landslide, rockslide, burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious act, terrorist activity, accident by external means, any damage in transit by road/rail/inland waterway, lift, elevator or air.
- Extensive coverage against third-party legal liabilities arising out of permanent injuries or death of a person, and damages caused to the surrounding property.
- Personal accident cover: 15 lakh rupees.
- Optional personal accident covers for co-passengers.
- Unique plans with add-on covers such as 'Garage cash' and 'Engine protect.'
- Doorstep inspection facility in case of break-in insurance.
- Fast claims servicing and cashless settlement.
ICICI Car Insurance Policy
- Third-Party Liability Coverage: Covers legal liabilities due to permanent injuries and/or death of a third party. Also covers liabilities due to damages to third parties' properties.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: In addition to the third-party liability coverage, it covers losses/damages to your car in an accident and due to natural or humanmade calamities.
- Both Policies Mentioned Above include the compulsory personal accident cover. The owner-driver is liable to receive 15 lakh rupees in case of death, loss of two limbs/sight of two eyes/one limb/sight of one eye, permanent total disablement and 50% amount in case of loss of one limb or sight of one eye.
ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Online: Add-On Covers
- Roadside Assistance: Emergency assistance services through network garages. (towing services, flat tyres replacement and others).
- Engine Protect:Protection for your engine against damages caused due to accidents.
- Zero Depreciation Cover: You get complete coverage without considering any devaluation of your car due to wear-tear of its parts.
- Co-Passenger Cover: Compensation for your co-passengers when they suffer accidental injuries while driving the car.
- Garage Cash: Daily allowance for you when your car goes to the garage for damage repairs.
- Consumable Items: Accidental damages related expenses on consumables (like nuts, bolts, screws) are insured.
Some Exclusions of ICICI Lombard Four Wheeler Insurance
- Normal wear-tear/general ageing of your car.
- Depreciation or other consequential losses.
- Damage to/by a person driving any cars without a valid driving license.
- Damage to/by a person driving the car under the influence of liquor/drugs.
- Electrical or mechanical breakdown.
- Losses/damages due to war, nuclear risk or mutiny.
- Cars used for other purposes (not in accordance with limitations mentioned).
- Damage to tyres/tubes unless your car is damaged at the same time (in this case, the liability of the insurer is limited to 50% of the replacement cost).
ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Policy: Discounts
- Voluntary Discounts: Offered when you choose to pay the minimum amount at the time of claim.
- No-claim Discount of 20% on the premium of the second year if zero claims are made throughout the year. Up to 50% for consecutive claims-free years.
- A Discount for Installing approved anti-theft devices in your car.
- Other Discounts for holding a membership with recognised automobile associations in India.
ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Premium
- Car insurance premium for new cars is based on the age of the car, personal or commercial use, fuel type, IDV, cubic capacity, car’s registration area, accumulated no claim bonus (if any), owner-driver’s detailsand voluntary deductibles.
- The premium for old cars is based on current policy details, claim history and previous owner’s details (if any).
- Some of the common ways to save on premium include knowing the IDV (a lower IDV often leads to a lower premium), claiming the no-claim bonus and increasing the voluntary deductible (the higher your voluntary deductible, the lesser will be the premium).
- Car owners or prospective buyers can choose the right insurance by exploring all available policies and plans through online insurance comparison portals such as www.Quickinsure.com. Such user-friendly platforms, with the help of few clicks, help you make informed choices, compare quotations, premium amount, simplify and speed up the process of buying suitable car insurance.
ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Renewal & Application
One can apply for/renew a car insurance policy by viewing and comparing quotes online through insurance comparison services such as www.Quickinsure.com.
ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Review
ICICI Lombard car insurance is an established leader in the insurance segment. It provides comprehensive coverage and also secures your car against various uncertainties with the help of appropriate add-ons.
A straightforward claims settlement process and its reliable customer services ensure it remains the go-to choice for consumers across the country.
ICICI Lombard Car Insurance: FAQs
Q: What is IDV?
Insured Declared Value (IDV) or the maximum sum assured amount that the insurer would compensate for the claim. It changes every year after adjusting the depreciation and is used during your premium calculation.
Q: What is the scope of coverage in an ICICI Lombard car insurance policy?
ICICI Lombard car insurance protects you against any loss/damage to your private car and its accessories during a fire, explosion, self-ignition/lightning, burglary, housebreaking/theft, riot/strike, earthquake (fire/shock damage), flood, typhoon, storm, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, accidental external means, malicious act, terrorist activities, while in transit by road, rail, inland, waterway, lift, elevator, air, landslide and rock slide.
Q: How do I know which car insurance add-on is necessary for me?
ICICI Lombard provides you with customized recommendations based on aspects such as your car's age, type and no-claims bonus.
Q: Can I purchase add-on covers without buying car insurance from ICICI Lombard?
Unfortunately, no. Add on packages are sold only with car insurance policies.
Q: Can I transfer my no-claim bonus while changing the car insurance provider?
Yes, at the time of renewal, you can.
Q: What should I do if my old car insurance has already expired?
Obtain new insurance. Your car will be physically inspected by an authorized company official, representative or agency.
Q: Can I shift my car from the spot of the accident?
Yes, you can shift your car to the garage, however, if it is in immovable condition or there is a leakage of engine oil/coolant, then you must not try to start your car.
Q: How can I register my car insurance claim?
Toll-free number: 1800-2666 Or send SMS “CLAIM” to 575758 to receive a call from the call centre representative. You may also use E-Claim services and lodge a claim on the website or the Insure app.
Disclaimer: The information shared is purely indicative. Please refer to the policy wordings for most up-to-date and precise details.