Two-wheeler insurance from SBI brings complete peace of mind by securing you and your ride against damages caused by natural or human-made reasons and covering you against third-party liabilities.
- Option to Choose a Long-term Policy.
- Customised Pricing.
- Cashless Claims.
- Multiple Add-ons.
- No-claim Bonus (NCB).
- NCB Protection.
- Valuable Discounts.
- Online Purchase& Easy Renewal.
SBI two-wheeler insurance from SBI General Insurance Company Limited serves millions across India through its network garages, quick claim-settlement facilities and other practical offerings.
SBI Two wheeler Insurance Features &Advantages
- Third-party liability and comprehensive covers.
- Policy duration of up to 5 years.
- Protection against legal liabilities arising out of the use of your two-wheeler, towards third parties due to their bodily injuries/death of individuals and damages caused to their properties.
- Addresses losses or damages to your bike or scooter and its accessories due to fire, explosions, self-ignitions, accidental damages by external means, damages in transit by road/rail, inland waterway, lift/elevator or air, lightning, earthquakes, floods, typhoons, hurricanes, storms, tempest, inundations, cyclones, hailstorms, frost, landslides, rockslides, burglaries, thefts, riots, strikes, malicious acts and terrorist activities.
- Mandatory personal accident covers of 15 lakh rupees.
- Option to cover the pillion rider of your bike/scooter.
- A gamut of add-ons at extra cost.
- Avail refund on a pro-rate basis on the unexpired period for the first or second year in case of Total Loss/Combined Total Loss/ Theft claim.
- NCB transfer of up to 50%.
- Additional discount for insuring your two-wheeler without a break.
- Option to choose long term covers with no hassles of annual renewals.
SBI Bike Insurance Policies &Variants
- Motor Act Only-Two-Wheeler Third-party Policy: Legally-mandatory as perthe Motor Vehicles Act.
- Covers third-party liabilities only.
- Long term policy for 5 years.
- Personal accident covers at extra cost.
- Additional legal liabilities for paid drivers, conductors, and cleaners employed in the operation of the two-wheeler and employees travelling in/driving the bike/scooter other than paid driver are also taken care of by paying a small amount.
- Two-Wheeler Package Comprehensive Policy: Takes care of all the legal liabilities arising out of bodily injuries to and/or property damages of third parties due to accidents involving your ride.
- Covers accidental losses/damages to your bike or scooter caused by fire/explosion, self-ignition/lightning, burglaries, thefts, riots, strikes, earthquakes (fire/shock damages), floods, storms, hurricanes, typhoons, tempest, inundation, hailstorms, frost, cyclones, malicious/terrorist activities, whilst in transit by road/rail, inland waterways, lifts/elevators/air, landslides and rockslides.
- Compulsory personal accident cover.
- Long Term 2-Wheeler Insurance Policy-Package: A 360-degree cover that allows you to get insured for up to three years.
- Brings continued protection.
- NCB benefits and proportional refund provision.
- Considerable savings in the long run.
SBI General Bike Insurance Major Exclusions
- Normal wear/tear and general ageing of your bike or scooter.
- Depreciation and consequential losses.
- Mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- Contractual liabilities.
- Two-wheeler being used otherwise than in accordance withthe stated limitations.
- Driven by/in charge of an individual other than the driver, as mentioned in the driver's clause.
- Losses while driving without a valid license or under the influence of drugs/alcohol.
- Wars, mutinies, invasions, terror-attacks and nuclear-weapon-inflicted damages.
SBI General Insurance for Two-wheelers Discounts
- No-claim Discounts: If you do not make any claims throughout the year, you get a discount of 20% on the premium of the second year. It can go up to 50% for consecutive claims-free years.
- Voluntary Discounts: Applicable if you choose to pay the minimum amount at the time of claim settlement.
SBI General Insurance Bike Premium Calculator
The premium for your SBI two-wheeler insurancepolicy is based on factors such asthe make/model, city, registration date, add-ons and the use of electrical or non-electrical accessories.
Alternatively, you may use established online insurance comparison portals like Quickinsure.co.in to explore SBI two-wheeler insurance rates, simplify and speed up the process of buying bike or scooter insurance.
SBI Two-wheeler Insurance Renewal & Application
One can apply for a new SBI two-wheeler policy or preferSBI online bike insurance renewalby viewing and comparing quotes online through premier insurance comparison platforms such as Quickinsure.co.in.
SBI Two-wheeler Insurance Review
Two-wheeler insurance policies from SBI are products of the joint venture between State Bank of India (SBI), Axis Bank Asset Management Co. Ltd and Premji Invest & Warburg Pincus Group. Founded and operational since 2009, and with 70% of the total capital owned by SBI, the country's largest state-owned banking and financial services company, it remains a credible name for cost-effective and transparent bike/scooter insurance plans.
SBI General Two-wheeler Insurance FAQs
Q: Who is eligible to buy SBI two-wheeler insurance?
Anybody who owns a two-wheeler, bike or scooter.
Q: How is IDV calculated for the SBI General Two-wheeler Insurance policy?
The IDV or Insured Declared Value is the maximum sum-assured determined by the insurer and the amount you would receive when the bike or scooter gets damaged or stolen.
Q: How long does it take for SBI General to settle two-wheeler insurance claims?
On most occasions, within 30 days from the receipt of all necessary documents needed for assessing the claim.
Q: What is the claim intimation procedure?
You may contact the toll-free number [ 1800 102 1111 ], SMS "CLAIM" to 561612 or email your details to email@example.com for the claim/reference number. Alternatively, one can also choose to fill-in the details on the official SBI General Insurance portal.
Disclaimer: The information shared is purely indicative. Please refer to the policy wordings for the most up-to-date and precise details.