Brand new Car
1. What is Roadside assistance covered under car insurance?
Roadside assistance cover is an additional cover offered under comprehensive car insurance. This add-on cover includes towing service, refill of fuel, arrangement of keys, battery jump-start, flat tyre repair, etc.
2. Define IDV in the car insurance policy of Kotak Mahindra?
Insured Declared Value is the maximum sum insured fixed by the insurance company at the time of policy initiation. IDV reflects the current market value of cars.
3. What is the tenure of Kotak Mahindra's car insurance policy?
Kotak Mahindra car insurance policy comes with one year tenure of car insurance.
4. Is car inspection before policy issuance is compulsory?
Car inspection is required in case your car insurance policy has lapsed. An inspection helps the insurance company to identify damages if any.
5. What covers in third-party liability cover in Kotak Mahindra?
Third-party covers for injury, death, or property loss of a third party up to 7.5 lakh.
6. Is there any add-on cover offer in third-party insurance?
No add-cover is available with third-party car insurance.
7. What is not covered by the Kotak Mahindra Zero Depreciation Add-on cover?
Kotak Mahindra has a zero depreciation add-on, and claims for car tyres and battery lubricants are only covered 50% of the time, rather than 100% as with all other car parts. The zero depreciation add-on cover does not cover uninformed car modifications.
8. Can I choose Kotak Mahindra’s zero depreciation add-on cover for a used car?
Yes, you can get the zero depreciation add-on cover for a used car if the car is under 5 years old.
9. Do I have to pay more for a car insurance policy that includes an add-on cover?
Yes, you will have to pay an extra amount to purchase and use an add-on insurance policy.
10. What does the term "consumable cover" actually mean?
The consumable cover adds an extra layer of safety to your automobile by covering the cost of all your car's consumables, including engine oils, screws, nuts and bolts, lubricant, and so on, in the event of an accident.
11. Is there a Consequential Damage cover in the Kotak Mahindra car insurance policy?
Any damage that is not a direct result of the collision will not be covered under the Kotak Mahindra Car insurance coverage.
14. Are Kotak Mahindra’s cashless network garages the best in India?
Yes, Kotak Mahindra has more than 1551 plus network garages throughout India.
15. Can I customize my IDV with Kotak Mahindra car insurance?
Yes, Kotak Mahindra will provide the policyholder with a customizable IDV facility.