Brand new Car
United India car insurance FAQ.
United India has been at the forefront of designing and implementing complex covers for large customers, it was incorporated as a company on 18th February 1938 and nationalized in1972. After nationalization united India has grown by leaps and bounds and has over 11500 workforces spread across 2110 offices providing insurance cover to 1.74 policyholders. United India has a variety of insurance products to provide insurance cover from bullock carts to satellites.
1. What is the policy term of standalone own-damage car insurance policy under United India?
A standalone own-damage car insurance policy is valid for a year and has to be renewed each year. As per the Insurance Regulatory and development authority of India, a Standalone own damage can be issued for a year and renewed annually.
2. Can transfer of ownership be done on an existing policy under United India?
Yes, In case of change of ownership the transfer of insurance policy has to be done within 14 days from the date of transfer of ownership.
3. Can I Get add-ons for SAOD In under United India?
Yes, you can include add-ons to your damage cover to enhance the insurance coverage. United India will offer add-ons cover like zero depreciation, Roadside assistance, Engine Protection and more.
4. How is SAOD car insurance premium Computed?
To calculate the SAOD car insurance premium, it is necessary to consider the IDV (Insured Declared Value) of the car, Type of Vehicle, Registration year as well as the geographical area of the car and insurance policy.
5. Does a SAOD car insurance policy cover tyre damages?
Most of the insurance companies only cover accidental damages to the car’s Tyre under
6. Will my SAOD car insurance policy cover electrical fires?
Yes. Any loss or damages caused to your car due to electrical fires are covered under SAOD car insurance
7. Does car insurance cover passengers in SAOD?
Mostly, Car insurance companies do not cover passengers travelling in the insured car under SAOD car insurance in case of an accident. Only the owner-driver of the car is covered for personal accidents. However, passenger cover is offered as an add-on by car insurers in India to provide personal accident cover for the unnamed passengers travelling in the car.
8. How long does it take to buy car insurance online?
One of the benefits of buying car insurance online is that it is a fast process and does not take a lot of time. If you have all the required details about your car and previous policy, you will not take more than a few minutes to renew your car policy.
9. Is United India's third party car insurance include SAOD also?
No. the SAOD policy does not cover third party car insurance policy, it will only cover your damage to you and yourself.
10. Is this United India general SAOD car insurance including Add-on cover?
Yes, United India general include cover Add-on cover like zero-depreciation, Roadside assistance, Consumable cover etc.
11. How can I get cashless repair service for my car in under United India?
Yes, under United India offers cashless repair services to its policyholder at its network garages. Policyholders of insurance companies get repair and replacement service at any 3500+ network garages.
12. Who is eligible to purchase under United India’s own damage insurance policy?
A person, who has bought a third party car insurance policy is eligible to purchase their own damage cover to protect their own car against any damage caused to any uncertain event.
13. How long does it take to renew car insurance online?
One of the benefits of renewing car insurance online is that it is a fast process and does not take a lot of time. If you have all the required details about your car and the previous policy handy, you will not take more than a few minutes to buy/ renew your car policy online.
14. Will my SAOD car insurance policy cover electrical fires?
Yes. Any loss or damages caused to your car due to electrical fires are covered under SAOD car insurance.
15. What will happen to my No Claim Bonus if I renew my expired SAOD car insurance?
If you renew your expired SAOD car insurance policy within 90days of the policy expiry date. then your No Claim Bonus will remain intact. However, if you renew the expired policy after 90 days, you will lose your NCB.
16. Should I raise a claim every time my car is damaged?