Brand new Vehicle
1. What is the No Claim Bonus in SBI general?
No Claim Bonus is the discount given by the company in case No Claim is requested by the insured during the complete tenure of his/her policy period.
2. What is the Maximum No Claim Bonus limit in renewal?
If no claims are lodged in consecutive years then-No Claim Bonus rate will be offered as per the following slab:
Or more years –50%
3. How much time does it take to renew car insurance with SBI?
SBI renewal of a car insurance policy is an instant process. The time you spend filling in the car insurance details and making payments online.
4. When should I renew SBI car insurance?
You should renew your car insurance before the policy gets expiry. You can also renew it within 90 days after missing the last renewal date. If you fail to renew the policy even post 90 days of its expiry, then you will lose NCB benefit.
5. I have only a third-party policy. Is there any separate renewal process for it?
No, you need to follow the same process for both comprehensive and third-party insurance renewals.
6. What does Insured Declared value means?
IDV means Insured declared Value is the value of a car which is decided at the beginning when the policy is bought by the policyholder. This value is used for calculating the claim amount in case of total loss or theft.
7. Is car insurance transferable when a vehicle is sold?
Yes, the Car insurance policy can be transferred to the new owner through proper documentation by the insurance company.
8. Does the owner or driver also insure under vehicle insurance?
Not all the insurance policies cover drivers or owners under the basic car insurance providing just third-party insurance. If the policyholder wants to get comprehensive coverage, then he/she should buy an insurance policy that includes both third-party insurance and CPA cover means owner-driver cover.
9. Can I drive a car with third-party car insurance?
The car you want to drive must be covered by an existing insurance policy and you must have permission to drive it. Driving other cars cover is usually only available on a comprehensive insurance policy, if you have third-party insurance, you won’t be covered to drive any other cars.
10. What is the benefit of third-party car insurance?
Third-party car insurance protects you against any accidental liability, legal liability, or property damage in case of an unfortunate event.
11. Is an inspection required for third-party car insurance?
Inspection of a vehicle will not be required if it is being insured only against third-party car insurance cover.
12. Can I pay a car insurance premium online?
Yes, it will possible to pay a car insurance premium online using any debit or credit card or net banking.
13. What are factors determine the premium price of the zero depreciation cover?
Following are the premium Price of zero depreciation add-on cover Are as follows:
Car’s registered location
14. Will have to pay an additional amount to buy add-on covers?
Yes, you will have to pay an additional amount of premium to include an add-cover.
15. What is meant by own damage premium?
An amount that policy buyer is required to pay to get their car insured under their damage insurance plan is known as the Own damage premium amount.