Brand new Car
Edelweiss Comprehensive Car insurance
Edelweiss General insurance company was established in 2016, It is proud to be part of Edelweiss Group. The comprehensive car insurance of edelweiss gives you the confidence to drive without worries. In case of emergencies, it acts as a life-saving toolkit for policyholders.
What is meant by Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance?
Comprehensive car insurance gives cover against losses caused by accident, liabilities and in some case, even losses caused by theft and the premium of car insurance depend upon value of your car, type of coverage, Voluntary excess, vehicle classification.
What are the key benefits if you buy Edelweiss car insurance?
1. Claim settlement-Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance claim settlement process is quick and straightforward.
2. Best customer service-There is a competent customer care service available in edelweiss car insurance
3. Quick and easy Process-Edelweiss car insurance has a quick and time-saving process for claim settlements and renewals.
Coverage in Comprehensive Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance
1. Self-ignition-Any damages caused by lightning, fire, explosion, and self-ignition are covered.
2. Passenger cover-Car insurance passenger cover as an add-on within their car insurance policies. As a policyholder, you need to pay an additional premium to buy this add-on with your comprehensive car insurance. This cover is between 50k to 2lac per person.
3. Covers legally-Comprehrensive car insurance already includes own damages cover and third party damages and hence ensures you can drive legally too.
4. CNG type of fuel-Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance also covered the CNG type of fuel.
How to purchase the comprehensive car insurance of Edelweiss?
Step 1. Go to the online website of https://quickinsure.co.in/
Step 2. Click on car insurance
Step 3. Enter your REGISTRATION no. According to your RC
Step 4. You will find a quotation for car insurance from other insurers.
Step 5. You can select the quotation of edelweiss and fill out the proposal form.
Step 6. Once you verify your information, you click on the "pay now" icon and once the payment is made, you will receive the pdf of your policy on your mail ID.
Exclusions under Edelweiss Comprehensive Car Insurance
1. General damage wear and tear of the car.
2. Damages due to private car use for commercial use.
3. Passengers in a car or hired driver are not included under standard personal insurance. However, you can add on an extended accident cover for passengers.
4. Theft or damages to your personal belongings kept in the car, like a laptop, other valuables, etc. not covered.
5. Car is driven by a person under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
1. What is meant by Edelweiss Bumper to bumper car insurance policy?
Bumper to Bumper comprehensive car insurance is also known as Zero depreciation or Nil depreciation. It is a type of add-on in policy that leaves out the depreciation factor from the coverage, it offers 100% coverage for all fiber, rubber, metal parts without deduction of depreciation.
2 . What all aspects affect the calculation of IDV?
Calculation of IDV is dependent upon the following aspects:
Make Model and manufacturer of the car
Age of vehicle
Engine CC and Ex-showroom cost of the car.
3. Is it possible to transfer my NCB from my last insurance provider to Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance?
Yes, you can transfer your NCB when you switch your insurer, but It is required to renew the policy before it expires or within 90 days of the expiry date.
4. Does Edelweiss car insurance offer 24*7 customer support services?
Yes, Edelweiss car insurance offers 24*7 customer support services.
5. What factors are to be considered before renewing my policy?
Following factors are to be considered before renewal policy
1. Insurance premium price
2. Claim settlement ratio
3. Cashless garage network