Brand new Car
TATA AIG General insurance company is a joint venture between the TATA Group And American Insurance Group. In this joint venture, the TATA group holds a 74% stake and a 26% stake held by AIG.
Stand Alone Own Damage Private Car Policy in TATA AIG.
TATA AIG General Insurance offers standalone own-damages insurance which is not mandatory to hold but it is quite beneficial as it covers a wide variety of situations such as theft, accident, fire, floods, etc. Standalone own-damage car insurance provides you a layer of protection to the insured car and policyholder against uncertain events.
This change was made by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) on September 1, 2018.
Benefits of buying Stand Alone Own Damage policy from TATA AIG.
1. TATA AIG will offer a No Claim Bonus Discount for every claim-free year. The NCB benefit starts from 20% up to 50%.
2. TATA AIG’s SAOD insurance provides claim assistance from a highly trained customer support team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
3. This coverage also covers theft, collision, accident, natural calamities, and burglary housebreaking.
4. TATA AIG’s claim settlement ratio is 98 percent means easy and hassle-free claim settlements.
5400+ cashless garages across India.
How to purchase Stand Alone Own Damage Policy from TATA-AIG.
Step 1. Go to the online website of https://quickinsure.co.in/
Step 2. Click on car insurance
Step 3. Enter your REGISTRATION no. According to your RC
Step 4. You will find a quotation for car insurance from TATA AIG insurance and other insurers.
Step 5. You can select the quotation TATA AIG and fill out the proposal form.
Step 6. Make payment through your debit or credit card and get your policy by Email.
Coverage of Stand Alone Own Damage Policy in TATA-AIG.
1. Specific features are provided through the 13 add-ons that are available in the policy.
2. Personal accident covers up to 15 lac for owner-driver is available, which protects owner-driver from financial burden.
3. Damages caused due to natural calamities, manmade calamities also get cover, forex flood, fire, riots.
4. Theft of the car is the most unfortunate event, it also gets coverage in the policy.
Exclusions under Stand-Alone Own Damage Policy in TATA AIG.
a) A person can claim his compensation amount only up to the policy's expiration date. The loss will not be covered after the policy has expired.
b)An insured person does not get any claim if he is driving the car under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substance.
c)If an insured person drives a vehicle without a valid driver's license, the claim will be denied.
d)An insured person is not liable for the claim if he breaches the manufacturer's rules for car use.
e)A loss resulting from a purposeful accident or event is excluded from coverage
Q. What does a stand-alone own damage policy mean in insurance?
A policy that covers damages to yourself as well as to your vehicle is called SAOD policy.No third party liabilities are covered under the policy.
Q. What are Add-ons in SAOD policy?
Add-ons mean getting some extra benefits by paying some extra amount, other than the basic premium.
Q. Which add-on covers are offered by TATA-AIG SAOD car insurance?
TATA AIG’s SAOD policy includes cover Add-on covers like zero-depreciation, Roadside assistance, Consumable cover, etc.
Q. Where can I buy the Stand Alone Own Damage Car policy in TATA AIG?
A. Visit www.quickinsure.co.in and select the private car option on our website. Enter your vehicle number and get the quote from TATA AIG. You can pay the amount directly to the company and you will receive the pdf of your policy at your email address within minutes.
Q.Is it possible to transfer NCB discount from one company to another in TATA AIG’s SAOD policy?
Yes, it is possible to transfer the NCB discount from one company to another.