Brand new Car
Shriram general Stand Alone Own Damage Private Car Policy.
Shriram general insurance is a joint venture between Shriram Capital Ltd. And Sanlam limited. The company was founded in 1974 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. The company has 55000+ employees to date.
Stand Alone Own Damage Private Car Policy in Shriram general.
On Sept 1, 2018 insurance regulatory and development authority of India (IRDAI) established a stand-alone own damage policy, in India. The policy does not cover third parties liability.SAOD policy only covers damage to your car as well as damages to yourself. Buying a SAOD policy Is relatively cheaper than compared to comprehensive. the policy covers damages and losses resulting from collisions, theft, and fire.
Benefits of buying Stand Alone Own Damage policy from Shriram general.
1. For every claim-free year, the insurance provider means Shriram general will offer a No Claim Bonus Discount.
2. Shriram general car insurance offers claim assistance 24/7 by a highly trained customer support team.
3. Shriram general has a wide network of certified chains empowered with cashless garages and workshops.
Easy and quick claim settlement process.
How to purchase Stand Alone Own Damage Policy from Shriram general
Step 1. Go to the online website of https://quickinsure.co.in/
Step 2. Click on car insurance
Step 3. Enter your REGISTRATION no. According to your RC
Step 4. You will find a quotation for car insurance from Shriram general insurance and other insurers.
Step 5. You can select the quotation Shriram general and fill out the proposal form.
Coverage of Stand Alone Own Damage Policy in Shriram general.
1. The Shriram general stand-alone own damage coverage protects your car from accidents and collisions. Your financial losses get covered up to the IDV amount.
2. Theft of your Car also gets is covered under the SAOD policy up to the vehicle's IDV amount.
3. Situations such as fire and explosions are unavoidable, and the Shriram general SAOD Policy helps in obtaining coverage and ensuring that these damages are covered.
4. The Shriram general SAOD insurance protects the insured from man-made disasters such as riots, vandalism, and terrorism.
5. The Shriram general SAOD policy provides personal accident coverage of up to Rs 15 lakh in case of death of the owner-driver
6. The insured person receives coverage for accidental injuries, as well as medical and hospitalization expenditures, under this plan.
Exclusions under Stand-Alone Own Damage Policy in Shriram general.
a) A person can claim his compensation amount only up to the policy tenure date. After the expiry of the policy, the loss won’t be covered.
b)If an insured person is driving the car under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substances, then he is not liable for the claim.
c)If a vehicle is driven by an insured person without having a driving license, then the claim gets rejected.
d)If an insured person violates the car manufacturer guidelines for use of a car, then also he is not liable for the compensation of his loss.
e)A loss arising out of an accident or event that was deliberate is also not getting any coverage.
1)What is meant by SAOD policy in simple words?
A policy that covers the damages and losses of your vehicle and not the third party is called SAOD policy.
2)What is meant by IDV value in SAOD Policy?
IDV is referred to as Insured Declared Value. It Is the maximum amount of claim that the insurer agrees to pay.
3) What happens when I report my claim in Shriram general?
A customer executive will call you regarding your claim and you to inspect your vehicle.
4)How long will the claim process take in Shriram general?
After submission of all the documents, a claim will be settled within seven days