Brand new Car
Edelweiss Stand Alone Own Damage (SAOD)Private Car Policy
Edelweiss General Insurance company is an Indian Non-Government company founded in 2016. Edelweiss General Insurance Company is majorly in the insurance business and currently, the company’s operations are active. Edelweiss General Insurance is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
What is meant by Stand Alone Own Damage (SAOD)Private Car Policy in Edelweiss?
Edelweiss Car insurance SAOD Policy covers a policyholder against damages to the insured vehicle in events like theft, fire, earthquake, etc.
Benefits of buying SAOD policy from Edelweiss
1. Hassle-free way-Edelweiss general insurance company separates from other insurers because it’s aimed to render services in an easy and hassle-free way and is easy to understand.
2. Speak “human” just like the you-Edelweiss website itself states that speak “human” Just like you. It means that website is very simple to understand and know the need of humans.
3. Robust customer support- Edelweiss will offer robust customer support to resolve all queries in the least possible time.
4. Priority services- Edelweiss will give priority services at preferred garages.
5. External explosion-Edelweiss will cover any loss or damages due to external explosion or fire is also covered.
How to purchase SAOD Policy from Edelweiss?
Step 1 – Visit www.quickinsure.co.in from your browser.
Step 2- Select the private car option on the home page of www.quickinsure.co. and enter your vehicle registration number according to your Registration Certificate (RC).
Step 3- Select the quote of Edelweiss from the multiple insurance company's quotes that will appear on the next page after you input the details.
Step 4- Fill out the proposal form once you select the quotation and enter your correct details.
Step 5 – Click on Pay Now once you cross-check your details. You will receive the policy on your email ID once the payment is done. In case of any query raise it to email@example.com
Coverage of Stand Alone Own Damage Policy in Edelweiss
1. NCB Protect this add-on cover ensures that your NCB stays intact even if you make a claim.
2. In Edelweiss general insurance, if your car suffers damage, personal belonging such as clothes, laptops(when stolen), etc. will be covered. If you buy personal belongings protection cover.
3. For emergency repair due to mechanical or electrical breakdown, accidental immobilization, flat tire, battery dead, etc. you can get in touch with the company and it would be arranged, if you buy roadside assistance.
4. Personal Accident Cover for bodily injury or death sustained by the owner-driver of the vehicle.
Exclusions under Stand-Alone Own Damage Policy in Edelweiss
1. Any claim arising due to contractual liability then edelweiss might reject the claim
2. Whether before or after the declaration of war or arising from ionizing radiations or any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel, It will not be covered
3. Any accidental loss or damages incurred whilst the vehicles insured herein are being used otherwise than under “limitation as to Use” Or being driven.
4. Parts of car damage or loss sustained due to depreciation then edelweiss will not cover it.
1. Does Edelweiss offer NCB protection cover in SAOD?
Yes, Edelweiss offers NCB Protection cover In SAOD policy by charging an extra premium for it.
2. Is it possible to do endorsement in Edelweiss SAOD policy?
Yes, it is possible if any endorsement contains all the details regarding any changes made in the policy document such as the name of the policyholder, registered address, etc, he can opt for endorsement.
3 . What is the tenure of a SAOD policy in Edelweiss General Insurance?
Edelweiss SAOD car insurance policy is valid for a year. The policy commencement and expiry date are mentioned in your policy documents. However, the company may also offer the policy for two or three years.
4. Who is eligible to purchase Edelweiss's damage insurance policy?
A person, who has bought a third-party car insurance policy is eligible to purchase their own damage cover to protect their car against any damage caused to any uncertain event.