The National General insurance car insurance limited.
The national insurance company is under the ownership of the Ministry of Finance Government of India. The company has 10,669 working employees and its headquarters is in Kolkata, India. National insurance is India’s one of the oldest company which were founded on 5 -Dec.1906.
What is a renewal of policy in National General Insurance?
Renewal of the policy happens at the end of the previous policy period. If a policyholder fails to renew his policy, then its called the lapse of the policy. After the lapse of the policy, an inspection of the vehicle is mandatory. Hence, one should always renew their policy before the expiry date.
What are the Benefits of renewing your policy with the same company?
- Not changing the insurance company builds a trusted relationship between the insured and the insurer.
- Staying with the insurance company helps the insured person to get a better picture of the company’s terms and conditions.
- No claim bonus up to 50% on renewal of the policies.
- Cheaper premiums.
What happens if the policy gets expired?
- If your third-party motor insurance policy expires, you will no longer be covered for legal liability.
- If your comprehensive auto insurance policy expires, you will be unable to obtain any coverage against legal liability or your financial losses. You will not be eligible for NCB if you do not renew your insurance within 90 days of the expiration date.
- If your stand-alone own damage insurance has expired, you will not opt for damages to yourself. You are also ineligible for the NCB discount. You should also inspect your vehicle once again. If you are involved in an unlucky accident after your policy has ended, you will be responsible for all costs. No benefits you will get from the insurance company.
- In India, driving without an insurance policy is illegal. So you need to have insurance for driving.
What Documents are required for inspection?
The following documents need for inspection are as follows-
- RC copy of a car
- Previous year’s policy copy
- Car’s Photos according to the requirement
- Driving license
Note:- Vehicle needs to be inspected between 10 am to 6 pm in a vacant place with proper sunlight.
What can you do if your policy expires?
- Contact Online insurance brokers https://quickinsure.co.in/ to know the further process of renewal
- Avoid driving a car till you get a new policy because your policy expired and you don’t have any protection right now.
- For renewal, you need to visit https://quickinsure.co.in/ and decide which policy is suitable for you.
- Fill up the basic details, i.e. registration number, and policy number.
- Self-Inspection in case of a break-in case you can self-inspect your vehicle through the quickinsure official app.
1)How many days before can we renew insurance in National insurance?
Minimum 45 days before the current policy expires, you can renew insurance.
2) What happens if your policy is not renewed?
The policy will be lapse driving car without having car insurance in India is not legal also you are not eligible for NCB discount.
3) Can I renew my car insurance before the expiry of the policy?
Yes. you can renew your car policy before the expiry.
4) Which is the mode of payment available for online policy renewal?
You can renew your policy by paying through a debit or credit card.