Brand new Car
Renew car Insurance of HDFC ERGO General Insurance.
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Mumbai. HDFC ERGO is a 51:49 joint venture firm between HDFC and ERGO International AG.HDFC ERGO was the 3rd largest Private General Insurer with a 6.2% market share, offering products like Motor, Health, Travel, etc. HDFC ERGO general insurance offers its services in 113 cities with 127 branch offices and holds a vast product portfolio designed to cater to the needs of customers.
What is a renewal of policy in HDFC ERGO General Insurance?
With HDFC ERGO, you can seamlessly renew your Car Insurance policies for individuals. Choosing an online renewal process is the best way as you can save time, it’s easy and convenient too . A car insurance policy is not valid for a lifetime. That’s why car insurance needs to be renewed before the expiry date.
What are the Benefits of renewing your policy with the same company?
1. Gives easy access to cashless garages- HDFC ERGOs have a network of 4800+ cashless garages that take care of your car post damages. HDFC ERGO pays for the repairs as per the claim and settles the dues directly with the garage.
2. Saves you from traffic fine- According to Motor Vehicle Act 2019, you can get a traffic fine of Rs.2000 for driving without car insurance.
3. Third-party coverage- If an uncertain event or accident happens that involves other individuals or properties, your insurance renewal will save the day for you. It will take care of any expenses arising out of the accident and handle the legal aspects as well.
4. Trusted- When you renew your policy, you get a sense of security and trust. This allows you to drive around with confidence
5. Transparent process-Transparency is another important benefit that a policyholder avails of while renewing a policy online from HDFC ERGO insurance.
6. Easy Customization-Renewing a car insurance policy online is the ease of customization. You can easily modify the coverage of your policy online by modifying car insurance add-ons.
What happens if the policy gets expired?
In Third-party insurance- Driving a car without at least third-party car insurance in India is a criminal offense or illegal and punishable with a fine of Rs. 2000/ or might be imprisonment of up to 3 months. If you don’t have at least third-party insurance then your car will be a risk.
In comprehensive car insurance-If, you fail to renew comprehensive car insurance which will not just be expensive but you will also lose all benefits of your previous year's No Claim Bonus if the policy is not renewed within 90days from the date of expiry and your car need to be inspected.
In Stand-Alone Own damage Car insurance-A Stand Alone own-damage car insurance policy is no longer an option. It is a legal requirement if you wish to drive your car on public roads and ensure your safety and your car’s safety. Renewal of Standalone car insurance after the due date can have serious consequences, but you can avoid these by ensuring you renew your car insurance on time. You have to face consequences like Inspection required for the car, avail benefit of NCB.
What Documents are required for inspection?
The following documents need for inspection are as follows-
RC copy of the car
Previous year policy copy
Car’s Photos according to the requirement
Inspection of a car need to be inspected between 10 am to 6 pm in a vacant place.
What can you do if your policy expires?
-Contact Online Quickinsure insurance brokers https://quickinsure.co.in/ to know the further process of renewal
-Avoid driving a car till you get a new policy because your policy expired and you don’t have any protection right now.
-For renewal, you need to visit https://quickinsure.co.in/ and decide which policy is suitable for you.
-You need to have your previous year's policy for further documentation or renewal.
-After the expiration of the policy, you need to face an inspection for your vehicle. Inspection is needed to decide whether your vehicle qualifies for insurance or not. After a successful inspection, your vehicle is eligible for renewed new insurance.
1. What is meant by the lapse of a Car Insurance policy?
Car insurance Policy Lapse means when policyholders stop paying premiums and the account value of the insurance policy has already been exhausted.
2. What is the premium end date of the policy?
Premium end date means the date on which the final premium is to be paid, as shown on the policy
3. Is insurance valid on the expiry date?
The car insurance policy will usually run out at 23:59 on the expiry date. So if you have an accident at 00:01 am on next day, you won’t be covered even it’s only a few minutes later.
4. Is car insurance better monthly or yearly?
It is almost always better to pay annually, rather than monthly.
5. What happens if renew your car insurance after it expires?
That should renew car insurance within time. In case you renew it after expiry, You will lose the no claim bonus also you are putting yourself at considerable financial risk as you will not have insurance coverage.