SBI's car insurance plans protect your car against multiple risks and damages, including natural calamities. Third-party damages/losses and legal liabilities are also covered.
- Comprehensive policies.
- Add-ons for broader coverage.
- Incurred claim ratio of 102.07%.
- Attractive discounts.
- Hassle-free renewal and purchase.
SBI car insurance from "SBI General Insurance" serves millions across India through its 1,500+ strong cashless garage network and 24x7 roadside assistance.
Features &Advantages of SBI General Car Insurance
- Coverage for third-party liabilities.
- Covers damages arising out of natural calamities/disasters such as flood, storm, burglary, robbery/theft or act of terrorism.
- Also covers additional legal liabilities of the employed driver and employees driving the car other than the chauffeur.
- Compulsory personal accidental cover worth 15 lakh rupees for individual owners with a valid driving license (also covers occupants in the car for 2 lakh rupees/person).
- Various add-ons for extended coverage.
- Discounts for individuals aged between 36-60 years.
- NCB facility (No-claim bonus).
- Offers profile-based personalised pricing.
SBI Car Insurance Policy&Variants
1] Motor Private Car Insurance
- A compulsory third-party liability policy.
- Covers legal liabilities in case of injury/death of the individual, or any damage caused to the third party's property.
- Loss/damage to the car due to fire, self-ignition, accidental damage, explosion, lightning, earthquake, hurricanes, cyclones and landslides.
- Personal accident cover (worth 15 lakh rupees) for individual owners while driving. Passengers can get coverage of up to 2 lakh rupees/person.
- Legal liability for paid driver/employees.
2] Motor Act Only: Private Car (Long Term) Insurance Policy
- Covers legal liabilities if your car causes accidental injury to a third party or damage to his/her property.
- Long term duration: 3 years.
- Covers additional legal liabilities for a driver/other staff employed to operate or clean the car and employees travelling in or driving the car (apart from the driver).
- Includes a personal accident cover worth 15 lakh rupees for individual owner/s*.
- No annual renew.
SBI Motor Insurance: Add-OnCovers
- Engine Guard.
- Key Replacement: When keys get lost/stolen, the amount spent on duplicates/repair/broken locks at authorised garages is reimbursed within specified limits.
- Loss of Personal Belongings: Insured individual's losses on damaged/lost belongings in the car are compensated for up to 50,000 rupees.
- Cover for consumables.
- Legal liabilities for using a CNG/LPGbifuel kit.
- Roadside Assistance.
- Depreciation waiver: On replaced parts (not in case of total loss).
- Return to Invoice: The insured individual receives the difference between the claim payout and the actual value of the car.
- NCB (No claim bonus).
*Extra premium could be charged for these add-ons.
Exclusions of SBI General Motor Insurance
- Consequential losses.
- Mechanical/electrical fallouts.
- Any damages due to excessive modifications/accessories.
- Loss in the value of your car due to wear/tear or depreciation.
- Driving without a validlicence.
- Driving under the influence of drugs/alcohol.
- Damage/theft/loss due to incidents related to the war, invasion, foreign enemy acts, mutiny, or rebellion.
SBI General Insurance for Car: Discounts
- Voluntary deductible:It is a part of the claim amount that the policyholder chooses to bear at the time of claim. It could result in a considerable reduction in the annual premium. Choosing a higher voluntary deductible helps you save a substantial amount on premium in the long run.
- Age-related discounts for customers 36 to 60 years old come with features like Assistance during on-road emergencies, Guidance through repairs/replacement, Transparent claim process and Claim status updates.
- No-claim bonus: Awarded after every claim-free policy period upon renewal (within 90 days). Up to 50% of the due premium.
SBI Car Insurance Premium
The premium for your car insurance policy is based on factors such as IDV, the make/model, year of purchase, registration and the city.
One can compare policies and plans by visiting SBI General Insurance's official website. Alternatively, you may use established online insurance comparison portals such as www.Quickinsure.comto explore quotations, simplify and speed up the process of buying car insurance.
SBI Car Insurance Renewal&Application
One can apply for/renew a car insurance policy by viewing and comparing quotes online through insurance comparison platforms such as www.Quickinsure.com.
SBI Car Insurance Review
SBI car insurance is widely acknowledged as a trusted name when it comes to securing you, your car against uncertainties and risks arising from third-party damages and losses. Ground-level market knowledge, reach and spotless reputation makes SBI the go-to choice for many looking for affordable and practical car insurance coverage.
SBI Car Insurance: FAQs
Q: What is IDV?
Insured Declared Value. It is based on the manufacturer’s selling price adjusted for depreciation. In case of a constructive/total loss, the depreciation percentage to be adjusted for arriving at the IDV is based on the age of your car. 5% (up to 6 months), 15% (6 months to 1 year), 20% (1 to 2 years), 30% (2 to 3 years), 40% (3 to 4 years), 50% (4 to 5 year) and as agreed between the insurer and the insured for cars over 5 years old (and obsolete makes).
Q: Can I renew my other car's insurance with SBI?
Yes, you can!
Q: How can I pay a premium for my SBI car Insurance?
You may pay your premium through branch banking/online banking/debit/credit cards or net banking.
Q: What are the documents required for making a claim?
Car insurance policy document, your RC copy, claim form and driving license.
Q: Please explain the claim settlement process of SBI car insurance.
- Call customer care and inform them about the incident.
- The service executive shares a claim reference number with you. Download the claim application form, submit it with a self-attested copy of car's RC, Driving License (of the driver at the time of the accident), copy of FIR (in case of third-party damage) and all the details of third-party damage.
- A surveyor visits and inspects the damages.
- After a successful inspection, you are intimated about the claim status.
In case of cashless claims, you may have to pay the respective proportion of the loss towards depreciation, deductibles or excess, charges towards the repairs authorised by one and take the delivery of your car.
If the repairs are carried out in any garage, you will be required to pay bills to the garage and submit the originals to the SBI General local office with all the relevant documents for timely reimbursement.
Irrespective of damages caused, the insured individual should never fail to inform the insurance company. An FIR must be furnished with other claim documents in case of an accident with a third party, injuries or damages.
The toll-free number: 1800 22 1111, SMS "CLAIM" to 561612 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org for your claim/reference number.
Disclaimer: The information shared is purely indicative. Please refer to the policy wordings for most up-to-date and precise details.