The Niva Bupa Health Companion Plan, formerly Max Bupa Health Companion coverage is a comprehensive health insurance programme that pays up to Rs 1 crore for all of your medical costs, including those incurred before and after hospitalisation. With the aid of this insurance from Niva BupaHealth Insurance Company Limited(Formerly Max Bupa), the insured is able to manage their hospital bills and other medical expenses on a budget.
Key Aspects and Advantages of the Niva Bupa Health Companion Plan-
Here are some of the main characteristics and advantages of the Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Companion plan:
- Offers a variety of insurance amounts ranging from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 1 crore.
- Available in three variations: variants one, two, and three.
- Covers all hospital costs, including those incurred prior to and following hospitalisation
- No ceiling on room rent for insurance amounts of at least Rs. 5 lakh. Patient care under AYUSH (Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy)
- Additionally, a clever top-up option is provided.
- If exhausted, the sum insured replenishment benefit is up to 100%.
- For each year without making a claim, a bonus of 20%–100% is offered.
- The Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance Company's certified diagnostic centres offer free health checkup services.
- Lifelong renewal of an assured policy
- Over 7400 hospitals in the insurance provider's network offer cashless hospitalisation services.
- Direct claim resolution without the use of agents of a third party
- Benefit from income tax on the premium paid in accordance with Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Niva Bupa Health Companion Plan included
The Niva Bupa (formerly known as Max Bupa) Health Companion plan includes the following coverage:
- In-patient Care: All medical costs, including room rent, incurred during a hospital stay of at least 24 hours are reimbursed.
- Pre-hospitalization Medical Expenses: This insurance covers medical costs up to 30 days prior to hospital admission.
- Medical costs spent up to 60 days after being discharged from the hospital are covered under this section, including physiotherapy fees.
- Day Care Treatment - This Niva Bupa Health Insurance plan covers all day care procedures.
- Living Organ Donor Transplant: This procedure reimburses the organ donor for any medical costs incurred during the removal of the given organ.
- Emergency Ambulance: Up to Rs 3,000 of the cost of ambulance services used in an emergency is reimbursed.
- Animal bite vaccine fees are also covered by this plan, which can range from up to Rs 2500 to Rs 7500 depending on the plan type.
- Alternative Treatments: It covers therapies used in conjunction with the AYUSH medical system.
- Domiciliary hospitalisation: This insurance covers the costs associated with receiving medical care at home on a doctor's recommendation because there are no available hospital beds.
- Contemporary Treatments: It covers the cost of any modern treatments the insured person receives.
Q1. What are the applicable waiting periods for the Niva Bupa Health Companion Plan?
Ans: These waiting periods apply to the Niva Bupa Insurance:
- Existing Conditions 48 months for Variant 1 and 36 months for all other variants are the waiting period
- Particular Illnesses 24 month waiting period
- 30 days are the initial waiting period.
- Hospitalization with COVID-19 15 day waiting period
Q2. Is there a sub-limit for the Niva Bupa Insurance's contemporary treatment coverage?
Answer: Yes. A sub-limit of Rs 1 lakh is included in the Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Companion plan for a certain number of robotic procedures.
Q3. When does the Niva Bupa Health Companion plan's hospital cash cover become active?
Ans: The hospital cash cover is only activated under the Niva Bupa Health Companion plan after 48 hours of nonstop hospitalisation.
Q4. Do deductibles apply to Niva Bupa Insurance?
Answer: Yes. The annual aggregate deductibles for the Niva Bupa Insurance coverage range from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 10 lakh.