ICICI Lombard medical insurance's wide range of innovative and reliable plans allow you to focus on your and your family's wellbeing. You get comprehensive protection against steadily rising healthcare costs across the country. It covers during-pre-post-hospitalisation expenses and other spendings including OPD visits, tests or medications.
- Expansive coverage.
- Free value-added services.
- Optional add-on covers.
- Cashless approval within 4 hours.
- Smart technology through a mobile app.
- Incurred claim settlement ratio of 76.89%.
- Excellent claim settlement record.
- Lifetime renewability.
- Tax benefits.
ICICI health insurance from "ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited" serves millions across India through its 5,000+ strong cashless hospital network and 24x7 claim assistance services.
Features & Advantages: ICICI Health Insurance
- Multiple plans customised to your unique healthcare needs.
- Optional add-ons and features for enhanced protection.
- Timely finance during medical emergencies.
- Coverage against accidental death and permanent total disablement.
- Preventive healthcare and maternity benefits.
- Top-ups to increase your sum-insured and supplement the existing cover.
- In-house, quick and easy claim settlement.
- Hassle-free policy purchase and renewal with minimum documentation.
- Incentives and wellness points for making health-friendly decisions.
- Dedicated customer services.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plans
1] Complete Health Insurance Policy
- A family floater insurance policy that covers your entire family (you, your spouse, dependent parents, children, brothers and sisters).
- A comprehensive plan that takes care of healthcare expenses during planned/emergency hospitalisations and treatments.
- Covers pre-hospitalisation (60 days) and post-hospitalisation expenses (90 days) up to your sum insured.
- Includes room charges, doctor/surgeon’s fee and medicine bills.
- Daycare expenses for advanced, technological surgeries and procedures requiring less than 24 hours of hospitalisation (includes dialysis, radiotherapy and chemotherapy).
- Pre-existing diseases-after 2 years/4 years of continuous coverage.
- Cashless hospitalisation.
- Free health check-up at designated centres.
- Optional add-on covers: Hospital Daily Cash, Convalescence Benefit, Outpatient Treatment Cover, Maternity Benefit, New Born Baby Cover, Wellness and Preventive Healthcare, Critical Illness Cover and Donor Expenses.
- No medical tests required for cover below the age of 46 years and sum-insured up to 10 lakh rupees.
2] Health Booster Policy
- Covers medical expenses for hospitalisation as an in-patient for a minimum of 24 consecutive hours.
- Takes care of pre-hospitalisation (60 days) and post-hospitalisation expenses (90 days) up to your sum insured.
- Relationships covered: You, your spouse, dependent children, dependent parent, grandparents, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother, sister, grandchildren, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, dependent brother-in-law and dependent sister-in-law.
- Floater option covers up to two adults and three children in a single policy.
- Annual sum-insured options: 5 lakh to 50 lakh rupees.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered immediately after 2 years of continuous coverage. The waiting period is adjusted by the number of years the insured individual has spent in the base policy.
- Coverage for treatment at home.
- 150 medical expenses while undergoing specified daycare treatments which require less than 24 hours hospitalisation are covered.
- Hospitalisation expenses incurred by the organ donor for undergoing organ transplant surgery for your use, are also covered.
- Optional add-on covers: Hospital Daily Cash, Convalescence Benefit, Personal Accident Cover, Temporary Total Disablement Rehabilitation Cover, Repatriation of Remains, Critical Illness Cover and Donor Expenses.
- No medical tests are required for cover below the age of 46 years and up to the sum insured of 10 lakh rupees.
3] Personal Protect Policy
- Worldwide coverage against accidental deathor permanent total disablement and offers financial support for expenses incurred.
- In case of death due to an accident, the nominee mentioned in your policy is compensated with the sum insured.
- Annual sum-insured options: 3 lakh to 25 lakh rupees.
- You get 100% of capital sum-insured in case of loss of use/actual loss by physical separation of sight of both eyes, both hands, both feet, one hand and one foot, one eye and one hand or one foot.
- Can choose an additional cover to compensate expenses in case of a minimum 24-hour hospitalisation due to injury (within seven days of the accident).
- Purchase this policy without undergoing any health check-ups.
General Exclusions of ICICI Health Insurance Policy
- Illnesses you contract within 30 days of the starting date of your insurance policy (unless caused due to an accident).
- Treatment of the following diseases/illnesses/ailments is not covered for the first two years:
- Cataract, benign prostatic hypertrophy, myomectomy, hysterectomy, hernia, hydrocele, fissures and/or fistula in the anus.
- Haemorrhoids/piles, joint replacement (unless due to accident), sinusitis and related disorders, stone in the urinary and biliary systems, dilatation, curettage and endometriosis.
- All types of skin/internal tumours, cysts, nodules, polyps of any kind, breast lumps, dialysis required for chronic renal failure, surgery on tonsils, adenoids, sinuses, gastric, duodenal erosions, ulcers, deviated nasal septum, varicose veins and varicose ulcers.
- The following medical diseases, conditions, treatments and procedures are also not covered for the first two years (unless needed due to occurrence of cancer):
- Sinusitis, deviated nasal septum, fibroids (fibromyoma), endometriosis, prolapsed uterus, polycystic ovarian disorder, arthritis, gout and rheumatism.
- Osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, spinal or vertebral disorders, calculus diseases of gall bladder including cholecystitis, oesophagal varices, pancreatitis, haemorrhoids, pilonidal sinus, piles, erosion, gastroesophageal reflux disorder, perineal abscesses and perianal abscesses.
- Claims arising from death, injury or disablement of insured person due to intentional self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide.
- Injuries existing before the policy start date (whether or not if the same has been treated, or for which medical advice, diagnosis, care or treatment has been sought before the commencement of the policy).
- While under the influence of intoxicating liquor/drugs.
- Childbirth or pregnancy or in consequence thereof.
- Arising or resulting from the insured individual committing any breach of the law with criminal intent.
- War, invasion, the act of a foreign enemy, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, mutiny, military, usurped power, seizure, capture, arrests, restraints and detainments.
- Nuclear weapon induced treatment.
Note: Please refer to detailed insurance product brochures for policy/plans-specific exclusions.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Premium
ICICI health insurance premiumis based on factors such as your age, medical history, lifestyle habits, the sum insured and type of cover you choose.
One can compare policies and plans by visiting ICICI Lombard's official website. Alternatively, you may use established online insurance comparison portals such as www.Quickinsure.com to explore quotations, simplify and speed up the process of buying medical insurance.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Renewal & Purchase
One can apply for/renew anICICI Lombard health insurance policy by viewing and comparing quotes online through insurance comparison platforms such as www.Quickinsure.com.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Review
ICICI Lombard General Insurance is one of the largest and most trusted private sector general insurance companies in India. Its health insurance plans are immensely popular for the value they bring to all kinds of customers. You get flexible policy term, premium payment options, treatment coverage and services through an extensive hospital network spread across every corner of the country.
ICICI Lombard Group Health Insurance: FAQs
Q: What is the annual sum-insured?
It is the maximum amount that your insurance provider pays you, as per the insurance contract, in the event of a claim.
Q: Are my pre-existing diseases covered?
Claims due to, or arising out of any pre-existing medical conditions/ailments, declared or undeclared, are not covered.
Q: Is there any requirement for pre-approval before hospitalisation?
Yes, there is! You must contact the ASP (Assistance Service Provider), and they will make arrangements for your cashless claim.
Q: How long does it take for a claim to get processed?
Cashless claims are generally processed within 4 hours, and the reimbursement claims may take up to 14 days.
Q: What is the procedure to claim my ICICI Lombard health insurance?
Inform ICICI Lombard, submit your health card, and once you receive the claim approval, you may go for the required treatment at the hospital. The amount is paid directly to the network hospital in case of cashless claims. For reimbursement claims, you need to fill in the claim form, submit it with proofs of expenses incurred, and you receive the amount within seven working days.
Disclaimer: The information shared is purely indicative. Please refer to the policy wordings for most up-to-date and precise details.