RC refers to a Registration Certificate that acts as a vehicle document proof of the owner of the respective vehicle whether car or bike. The RC is generally issued by the RTO of the state in which the vehicle is registered. The bike's registration certificate is usually valid for 15 years from the date of registration that needs to be renewed every five years. Following are the details contained in any registration certificate of the bike:
- Date of registration and registration number.
- Name and address of the owner.
- Manufacturing month and year of the vehicle.
- Engine number and chassis number.
- Type of fuel used.
- Cubic capacity.
What is the Motto Behind Using a Bike Registration Certificate?
Having an RC is essential for any vehicle owner, whether a bike or a car. Almost all two wheeler owners and riders get their registration certificates because of the following reasons:
- It is used in forensics to identify any lost or abandoned bike.
- It gives a unique identity to the vehicle owner.
- It is a must to present the RC when selling a bike to any new customer so that the name can be changed accordingly.
- RCs must be produced while claiming any bike insurance policy in case of damage or theft.
How to Check a Bike’s RC Status Online?
Establishing a connection between a bike and its owner or user is the main goal of any bike’s registration certificate. The RCs are required for tax reasons and to deter crimes. Even though almost all motor vehicles have a unique identification number, only registered bikes have a license plate and a registration certificate. In order to trace any bike in terms of its geographical location, it is crucial to check the status of RC of the desired two wheeler online in the following ways:
Check RC Status Online by Application Number
- First, open the official portal of the Parivahan website.
- Select “Online Services” from the main menu that appears.
- Choose the “Vehicle related services” tab.
- Click on “Select states name” and choose the desired state of your bike registration.
- Click on the proceed button at last that displays different details out of which one needs to select the “Know your Application Status” option.
- Type the registration number and press the “submit” button.
- The final step is to click on “View Report” which displays all the details of the bike.
Check RC Status by Vehicle Number
- First, open the official Parivahan website.
- Search for the “Online Services” menu.
- From the "online services" option, choose the "Vehicle Related Services" tab.
- Insert the vehicle number and security captcha.
- At last, click on the button “Search Vehicle”.
- All the details related to RC gets displayed including the registration number, registration date, engine number, owner’s name, fuel type, model number, manufacturing date, etc.
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What are the various scenarios when checking the RC status is necessary?
The RC status can be checked in scenarios like- during the bike registration when transferring or selling the bike RC to another person. Finally, the RC also needs to be checked on when 15 years are already completed, and it must be renewed again.
Q2. What information should be provided to check the status of the bike’s registration certificate?
An application or vehicle number must be entered to check the status of any bike’s registration certificate.
Q3. Which official portal provides RC related information?
All the required and necessary information is being fetched from the portal https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/