It’s the tendency of most people to migrate from one place to another in search of jobs for a better lifestyle. Therefore, the bike owner must get a “No Objection Certificate” to have uninterrupted bike rides in the new region.
When relocating to another new city or region, one is required to avail of a NOC from RTO (Regional Transport Authority) from that particular state to get approval of riding a bike in that region for daily transport activities.
The validity of any NOC is for a maximum of 6 months. One must get their bike registered to the new RTO in another state within 6 months failing which one has to start the process from the beginning to obtain NOC for a vehicle.
Online Application Process for Obtaining Bike NOC
The electronic mode of communication has shrunk the world to such an extent that now everything is possible right at the fingertips just a few clicks away. Let’s take a look at all the processes involved in getting a NOC for the bike online.
- The foremost thing to do is to visit the website https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in developed by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH).
- Fill in the bike’s registration number and click on Proceed.
- Choose “Application for No Objection Certificate” from all the available options.
- Provide all the details being asked and upload all the necessary documents.
- Make the necessary payment applicable for the concerned RTO.
- An application form and acknowledgement receipt are generated, which need to be either downloaded or printed as a hard copy for record purposes.
- Submit the application form along with the received acknowledgement receipt and other documents in hand to the desired person at the RTO of that state.
Can we Download NOC for the Bike Online?
Yes, downloading a NOC is possible for any bike owner. Here are some of the steps to download NOC for the bike.
- Search for the Parivahan website https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in and log in to the desired account by entering the desired credentials.
- Navigate to the “Online Services” section and click on “Application for No Objection Certificate.
- Enter the requisite details like registration number, mobile number, etc. and generate an OTP instantly.
- Verify the account by entering the OTP and click on the “Submit” button.
- Go to the “Issue of NOC” option and upload all the necessary documents under it.
- Make the necessary payment being asked.
- Download the NOC after the payment process is done successfully.
Important Documents Required to Get a NOC for the Bike
In order to get a NOC, Form 28 needs to be duly filled in as prescribed in Chapter IV Section 48 of the Motor Vehicles Act 1988. This form is needed to be supported by the following important documents to fetch a NOC.
- The bike’s registration certificate is in an authenticated copy (RC).
- Copy of the bike insurance policy that has been attested.
- Recent tax payment receipt received.
- A printed copy of the bike’s engine number
- A current certified Pollution under Control (PUC) certificate.
- Identity proof and signature of the bike owner.
- Address proof and bike owner's photo identification.
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is NOC required if a person is going to another state for a short duration of time?
NOC is required only in case the person is travelling to another state for more than 3 months else it’s not required.
Q2. Is NOC needed if a person is moving from one city to another within the same state?
No, NOC is not needed when travelling to any place within the same state.
Q3. Will a person’s bike’s registration in the original RTO be valid in case he or she obtains NOC to move their bike from one state to another without completing the process of re-registration?
Yes, the person’s bike’s registration will be valid in the former RTO even after obtaining a NOC if and only if the person manages to obtain a “Non-Utilization Certificate” for the NOC.