Reliance car insurance is the most reputed private insurance firm in India. The company legally came into existence on 23rd Oct 2000. It covers a large segment of the market including individuals, corporates and SMEs.
Reliance is the first company in India to achieve the ISO 9001:2008 certification.
Why Reliance Car Insurance for Your Car?
A car insurance plan is the mandatory legal formality to run on the streets of India. It takes care of all the financial losses caused due to car damage or accidents.
Reliance car insurance is the top serving motor insurance policy to keep the car protected. It is serving 139+ offices and 28900+ intermediaries all over India.
Various car insurance policies offered by Reliance car insurance are standalone own-damage car insurance policies, Reliancethird party car insurance plans, comprehensive car insurance policies etc. All the damages and losses due to man-made or natural disasters, theft or accidents caused to the car get protected financially by the company.
The add-on covers offered by the company are Engine protection cover, personal accident cover, return to invoice cover, NCB protection etc.
Scope of coverage under Reliance general car insurance:
- Natural calamities and all sorts of lightning, fire etc.
- Man-made calamities such as terrorism, riot, burglary, robbery etc.
- Accidental coverage to owner-driver as well as the registered driver.
- Third-party legal liability coverage.
- Electronic or electrical fittings in the car such as spoilers with brake lights, AC, music system, fog lights etc.
- Non-electric fittings such as non-electrical spoilers, seat covers, mag wheels etc.
- Bi-fuel system and CNG kit as endorsed in the RC book.
Add-on covers by Reliance car insurance:
The customer can avail of this benefit to cover the cost of depreciation of the car due to theft, accident or any other unpredictable event.
This cover helps the customer to safeguard numerous consumables of the car such as engine oil, oil filter, bearings, brake oil etc.
The theft or damage of the engine or its parts is covered under this policy.
Any damage caused to the keys or locks due to any particular reason is covered under this cover.
Exclusions of Reliance Car insurance:
- If the car is damaged due to alcohol or drugs consumption
- The vehicle is used out of the geographical area.
- Any consequential loss.
- Damage occurred due to civic disturbances, nuclear interventions or war perils.
- Any form of electrical or mechanical damage in your car.
- Normal tear or wear of the car over a time period.
The Hassle-Free process to Apply for Reliance Car Insurance Online:
- Visit the website of Reliance car insurance and log in. Click on the 'buy online' option to avoid paperwork.
- The next step is to choose the type of insurance, according to requirement and fill the details form.
- After this, the applicant will get an insurance quote along with all different policy related details.
- To solve any problem or query related to the plan, call the toll free number. An executive of the team will contact you back to guide you through the process.
- After understanding all the terms and conditions, move further and make an online payment.
- The team will send the insurance policy papers to your address soon.
The Cashless Claim Process for Reliance Car Insurance:
Use towing services to deliver the damaged car to the nearby cashless network garage.
Initiate contact with the insurance provider along with all the related documents.
The agent will settle the paid amount with the network garage.
Advantages of Opting for Reliance Car Insurance:
- More than 6,200 network garages provide cashless repair and replacement services all over India.
- Availability of optional Personal accidents cover of Rs. 15 lakh
- Availability of multiple add-ons for maximum coverage
- Quick and hassle-free claim settlement
- Legal and financial help during any unanticipated events
- Easy purchase and instant renewal of Reliance car insurance online policy via various channels
- 24x7 active telephone support and assistance
- Protection against third party liabilities.
Information Required for Reliance car Insurance Claim:
The information that an insuree needs to provide in order to file a claim:
- Name of the person who is claiming
- Policy number
- The contact number of the insuree
- Date and time of the accident
- Car number
- Model and manufacturing year of the car
- Location of the accident
- Extent of loss
- Short description of the reason for the accident
- Name of garage
- Contact details of the garage
- If the insuree is not making the claim, then the person who is claiming should mention the name and contact details of the insured person.
Key Factors Affecting Car Insurance Premium:
- IDV i.e., Insured declared value
- CC i.e., Cubic capacity
- Model and manufacturing year of the car
- How old is your car
- Geographical zone
- Percentage of NCB, you have in your account
- Few other discounts are offered by the company.
Q. Why do I insure my car?
Ans. It is mandatory to have a valid car insurance policy in India, according to the motor vehicle act 1988. Also, it is required as it saves the insuree from financial occurred due to car damage. Moreover, it ensures the safety of the driver and co-passengers.
Q. How is the premium for private cars fixed by the companies?
Ans. Premium to be paid depends on the IDV, place and date of registration, cc of the vehicle, type of registration, and so on and so forth.
Q. What is a no-claim bonus?
Ans. No Claim Bonus or NCB is a type of discount offered by all other general insurance companies (including Reliance General) if no claim is filed during the insurance period. You can retain this benefit even after filing a claim if you have purchased an NCB protection add-on cover.