Let's face it, you've either just barely missed or completely neglected to renew your bike insurance before the expiration date. Quickinsure has come to the realisation that keeping track of the precise renewal dates is difficult for many of our customers due to their busy schedules.
To avoid the trouble of having to renew your bike insurance each year, top insurers available on Quickinsure have developed a Long-Term Two-Wheeler Insurance for a period of three years. By paying a one time price, you can now take advantage of three years of seamless protection with the Long Term Two Wheeler Insurance plan.
What is a Long Term Two Wheeler Insurance?
A Long Term Two Wheeler Insurance provides insurance protection against loss or damage to your vehicle for a protracted period of time, as the name implies. It provides more than just the advantages of a typical two-wheeler insurance. You can avoid the yearly renewal process and enjoy smooth protection for up to three years by choosing a long term two wheeler insurance.
What Are The Features of a Long Term Two Wheeler Insurance?
Here is a list of Long Term TwoWheeler Insurance features-
- No trouble with yearly renewals
- 2 or 3 year long term policy with discounted premiums
- If you file a claim for your two-total wheeler's loss, constructive total loss, or theft under the insurance within the first or second year, you can get a pro-rata return for the remaining time.
- During the term of the policy, there was no impact on the Third Party Liability Premium.
- During the policy period, the Service Tax did not alter.
What are Various Advantages of a Long-Term Two Wheeler Insurance?
Here is a list of Long Term Two Wheeler Insurance benefits-
- Save yourself the trouble of annual renewal
- Detailed insurance coverage for all major two-wheeler manufacturers
- Benefits in addition to the No Claim Bonus
- Prevent undesirable losses brought on by gaps in policy renewal
- Get enticing discounts on the cost of long-term two-wheeler insurance.
What are the Various Coverages of a Long-Term Two-Wheel Insurance?
Third Party Liability- Protects against any legal liability resulting from the use of the vehicle, towards third parties, originating from an unintentional death or physical injury to a person, as well as any damage caused to third party property using your two-wheeler.
Damage or Loss to the Vehicle- The following types of accidental loss or damage to the vehicle or its attachments are covered by the long term bike insurance policy:
- Fire, explosion, self-ignition, and unintentional damage caused by outside forces
- Any damage sustained during transportation by land, air, sea, or land-based inland waterways
- Lightning, a landslide, a rockslide, an earthquake, a flood, a typhoon, a hurricane, a storm, a tempest, an inundation, a cyclone, and hailstorm
- Theft, riot, strike, harmful conduct, terrorist activity, and break-ins
What Are The Various Exclusions of a Long Term Bike Insurance?
If any of the following events results in loss or damage to the vehicle or its accessories, long term bike insurance coverage will not be provided-
- Normal deterioration and ageing of the vehicle
- Depreciation or any other subsequent losses
- Electrical or mechanical failure
- Unauthorized usage of a vehicle in relation to its permitted uses
- Damage to or by a driver who is not in possession of a valid licence
- Damage to or caused by a person operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Damage or loss brought on by mutiny, war, or nuclear peril
What are the Various Bonuses of a Long-Term Two Wheeler Insurance?
Here is a list of Long Term Two Wheeler Insurance bonuses-
- Up to 50% No Claim Bonus is offered.
- Up to 25% of the OD Premium may be voluntarily deducted, with a cap of Rs. 750.
- Discount for anti-theft devices on the OD Premium up to 2.5%, with a maximum of Rs. 1000 and Rs. 1500 for policies with a duration of 2 years and 3 years, respectively.
- Discount of 5% for automobile association members on the OD premium, up to a maximum of Rs. 100 and Rs. 150 for plans with a tenure of 2 years and 3 years, respectively.
- Discount of 5% on the OD premium for the first two years of the policy and 8% on the first three years of the policy for specifically designed or modified cars for the blind, disabled, and mentally challenged people.
FAQs- Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Why does my two-wheeler need to be insured?
First off, it is a requirement under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 that every owner of a motor vehicle maintains an active insurance coverage. Aside from that, getting auto insurance protects you from any financial loss brought on by accidents, vehicle damage, or theft. Furthermore, insurance also covers the protection of other passengers, third-party property, and pedestrians.
Q2. Is it possible to renew my two-wheeler insurance online?
You can, indeed! You can renew the policy online by just entering the policy number, cover number, and engine number. But we suggest you to always opt for long term two-wheeler insurance so you don’t have to worry about renewal often.
Q3. What are the different types of vehicles that can be insured online?
Only private vehicles, such as four-wheelers or two-wheelers, are eligible for insurance.
Q4. What are the documents required to buy a long term bike insurance?
To get a two-wheeler insurance policy online, no paperwork is needed. This makes things really simple.However, these details are needed to be provided:
- Registration number
- Engine number
- Chassis number
- Previous policy number (if you have any)
- Vehicle manufacturing date (mm/yy)
- Date and city of purchase
- You contact details (address, phone no and email id)
- You should also have a copy of your vehicle’s RC book.